What did you do to your van today?

Just going to check things work on gas and electricty as it’s been standing a while and we may try a night out in it locally next week.
Ive just switch the fridge on bill and filled the water tank up off up to Sterling tomorrow in hotel for two nights then two night Wilding.

Reactions: 2cv
I double checked the bed slats size and bought some replacements. 😀
A few other jobs to do when the weather warms up a bit.

Well van is getting an oil change tomorrow as they didn't have time to do it when they tested the van the other week don't need to change air filter as it has a K and N .

Drove to Dunfermline to get the wheel nuts retorqued after a change of tyres last week. Visit then to Halfords to buy adhesive UK sticker to replace the magnetic version I bought back in November ... Start the cleaning and packing in preparation for leaving after the storms have passed through

Steve

Drove to Dunfermline to get the wheel nuts retorqued after a change of tyres last week. Visit then to Halfords to buy adhesive UK sticker to replace the magnetic version I bought back in November ... Start the cleaning and packing in preparation for leaving after the storms have passed through

Steve
What crossing and date are you on were March 4. Nehaven

What crossing and date are you on were March 4. Nehaven
We were planning on 19th February, probably looking now at somewhere in the following week. We'll probably still be on the dockside when you arrive! The 23:00 is ideal for us, getting us clear of Rouen before rush hour, but we're still working out the best route options. Normally we travel via Alencon, Le Mans, Angers and leave the autoroute at Cholet to head to our hovel for a couple of days to get it aired and cleaned and the back garden harvested; too late this year, so aiming around Orleans,Tours, Limoges and Toulouse, and crossing the Pyrenees via Perpignan. Nothing confirmed yet so actual stops likely to vary significantly. Any tips would be welcome!

Assuming we take the Perpignan option, we'll aim for stops at Carcassonne, Blanes, Benicarlo, Moncofa and then into new territory for us, ending up at Caratgena, possibly via Valencia and Alicante

How long are you staying for? We're slightly limited by medication supplies but I think I will be able to buy extra supplies. I had my heart attack in Spain and have the original paperwork/prescriptions etc so that may help with language problems etc!

Steve

We
We were planning on 19th February, probably looking now at somewhere in the following week. We'll probably still be on the dockside when you arrive! The 23:00 is ideal for us, getting us clear of Rouen before rush hour, but we're still working out the best route options. Normally we travel via Alencon, Le Mans, Angers and leave the autoroute at Cholet to head to our hovel for a couple of days to get it aired and cleaned and the back garden harvested; too late this year, so aiming around Orleans,Tours, Limoges and Toulouse, and crossing the Pyrenees via Perpignan. Nothing confirmed yet so actual stops likely to vary significantly. Any tips would be welcome!

Assuming we take the Perpignan option, we'll aim for stops at Carcassonne, Blanes, Benicarlo, Moncofa and then into new territory for us, ending up at Caratgena, possibly via Valencia and Alicante

How long are you staying for? We're slightly limited by medication supplies but I think I will be able to buy extra supplies. I had my heart attack in Spain and have the original paperwork/prescriptions etc so that may help with language problems etc!

Steve
are hoping to be away for eight weeks at present and back for the meet at hereford rowing club then dawdle back to West Lothian

Are you getting another?
In the short term no. Plan is to sort numerous Issues out with the house which I’m neglected somewhat since my wife died then sell up and downsize. Funds from motorhome sale will fund house renovations, new house and garage roofs, kitchen, resin drives, etc, etc.
Dont laugh but I intend having a few trips with my tent which should be an experience to say the least ! I intend motorhoming again but probs next year at the earliest.

Back