What did you do to your van today?

Checked the emergency tyre pressure kit supplied with the M/Home. Front tyres are fine re access, but cable is about 1/2 metre short of reaching rear tyres. Ordered 2 Hella sockets from Amazon but forgot to order a Hella adapter with a cigarette lighter socket input! Doh! Circumcision of electric pump and replace with the Hella, keeping the 'red ring' adapter for use in the cigarette lighter socket in the cab area

Steve

don’t things always wait till your away from home there is a large drawer under my sink about a metre one side 2foot the other with a curved front i’ve obviously overloaded it and the drawer runners collapsed, after a couple of attempts took them off swapped sides and turned them upside down working a treat now fitted a slide limiter to stop them coming out too far (alright 2x 3” screws ) but it works going to find light stuff to fill it with instead of 4 x 5 ltrs of water lol

Checked the emergency tyre pressure kit supplied with the M/Home. Front tyres are fine re access, but cable is about 1/2 metre short of reaching rear tyres.

Steve
A very good point!
On handover day, after we pointed out the emergency tyre kit was out of date the dealer had no hesitation in replacing it . However it is just a generic kit, so I ought to check the leads are long enough.

Paul

A very good point!
On handover day, after we pointed out the emergency tyre kit was out of date the dealer had no hesitation in replacing it . However it is just a generic kit, so I ought to check the leads are long enough.

Paul
Swapped the cigarette lighter socket with the Hella replacement about 3/4 hour ago [just as the light was fading for realism ..] :rolleyes:. The Hella power source is just inside the Hab Door so the offside rear tyre is easy to reach. The nearside rear tyre, however, is literally an absolute stretch and the valve has to be between 10 and 12 o'clock to reach. The price of having a 'hobby kit' where the inadequate lengths of cable and inflater hose fold very neatly into a wee pouch. In the short term, I'm probably going to rig up or buy an extension lead or similar

The Drawing Board awaits ... [aka back of an envelope; would have been a fag packet except I don't smoke, not even after sex ... ]:D

Steve

Fitted new led headlamp fan assisted bulbs
new 200 lim side bulbs
new amber bulbs pockets noo empty
all filters and oils done
mot next as it expires when we are away
new wiper blades
still to sort garage out wash n polish
Are you crossing on 4th March, or is that when you leave home? Yellow warning or snow and wind overnight, so still swithering. Managed to track down some metal tyre valves so they'll be fitted tomorrow. General tidy and interior clean of the Van today and the start of the 'Daily Living' check to ensure that whatever we need to do, we have the necessary kit packed [but we'll still forget something ...]

Steve

We leave on Tuesday and doung a few visits south en route for 4th March sail to dieppe 😀
We might see you en route or in the Docks, then ... It looks as though we'll be booking a 2nd March crossing [or later], depending on the weather forecast. We'll make a stop near Metal Bridge and the 2nd night in the Black Country [home turf for me!] and then the night sailing on Day 3. But making firm dates is like nailing jelly to the ceiling at present. Wind has picked up and raining quite hard again

Steve & Elaine

Back