What did you do to your van today?

New front discs and pads, new NSF brake pipe and pipes back to rear axle. New table top added at the weekend, as it is double sided laminate I didn’t want to screw into it so I used heavy duty Velcro to fasten it to the plate on the table support, it’s that secure you would think it was glued.

Drove Murky home this evening, oh what a treat. The first drive in it this year. Nothing exciting like a trip away, it’s the only vehicle big enough to put our long ladders in. Yes the wind had a play with the works ridge tiles. I’ll leave it at home for a day so I can have some yard space to service Anita’s shopping van. Hopefully we will be able to escape for a jolly soon.

Got a earlier mot booking
PASSED WITH NO ADVISORIES IM A HAPPY BUNNY 😀👍

Did you not even get the brake discs pitted and corroded advisory Gordon? I seem to get this on every vehicle I’ve had MoT’d recently but then I’m told it’s nothing to worry about!

Tony I've replaced them during covid all new hubs ,bearings discs and pads gave them a burn in and they are not badly rusted as I did cover the wheels during lock down

Did you not even get the brake discs pitted and corroded advisory Gordon? I seem to get this on every vehicle I’ve had MoT’d recently but then I’m told it’s nothing to worry about!
Definately seems to be a Scottish thing. My car is going in next month and I will need to remember to drive like a boy racer for a bit before hand to clean them off!

Definately seems to be a Scottish thing. My car is going in next month and I will need to remember to drive like a boy racer for a bit before hand to clean them off!
I can assure you it’s not a Scottish thing, I’ve had it on a number of MOTs with disc corrosion warnings .I had some crap discs fitted (unknowingly) on my Transit, they would rust if you breathed on them!!!

Loaded up for a week or so away from tomorrow. Also loaded up my old Xantia which is in for quite a shock tomorrow as normally it only ventures out on dry Summer days.
On the subject of discs, apparently the recycling requirements are leading to the corrosion mentioned and very short life expectancy.

I can assure you it’s not a Scottish thing, I’ve had it on a number of MOTs with disc corrosion warnings .I had some crap discs fitted (unknowingly) on my Transit, they would rust if you breathed on them!!!
The scottish thing is the fact it seems to happen on EVERY MOT, not just a few. I've had one (council) MOT fail a car on the discs and I had replaced them well under a year before and they had done well under 1,000 miles.

Back