What did you do to your van today?

Phill took the towels off the solar panel (hailstone protection) and found that the engine won't start. More money, think we need a new starter battery.
Changed the 5 year+ old Starter Battery in early November last year and replacement was duff. The replacement of the replacement battery was also damaged by an underlying electrical problem that necessitated a 3rd battery fitment. So the SB quickly became known as the S.O.B. but all mended now :rolleyes: (y)

Steve

Well today I went back to the house, first time I have been back this year :)

Not really green, its dead wood but not kiln dried. Thought it'd be good, think the problem is the flue being so narrow....

The n/side wheel balancing weight fell off the M/Home yesterday [new tyres fitted just 3 weeks ago], seemingly because the wheel wasn't cleaned properly. A quick drive tomorrow before departure proper so that I can retorque my nuts. They can't touch you for it, according to Eric Morecambe ... :rolleyes: :D

Steve

Not really green, its dead wood but not kiln dried. Thought it'd be good, think the problem is the flue being so narrow....
Get yourself a small moisture meter and don't burn wood over 20%(?) I think... drier the better.
Burn alum foil and cans etc too to reduce tar build up.
K ;)

Though we have had two long weekends away the whole of the inside got a full spring clean this morning.
Had the parcel delivery arrived at the promised time I would have headed out with canoe instead.
Silver linings etc.

Back to the local garage after the 2nd tyre weight fell off because the original Tyre Fitters failed to clean the wheel properly! The garage acted cleverly by not removing the rear wheels to check the security of the balancing weights on the back tyres: instead, they marked the position of the weights (wheels were balanced when new tyres fitted 9th Feb), removed the weights fitted at that time, and then cleaned the rims thoroughly, and fitted new weights. Advantage for me is not having to retorque the wheelnuts after 50 miles whilst on the road! The garage has had 2 sessions sorting out the Tyre Fitters sloppy work, and has fitted me in at short notice, even though they are run off their feet!

Owner didn't really want to charge me for work that should have been done by the Tyre Fitters, so he settled for £30 donation to the Tea Fund, and I'm happy! The 2 original weights fell off after 52 miles; We drove 94 miles this afternoon and all weights still attached and wheelnuts still tight ...

Only bugbear is that we would have driven a further 40+ miles today, had we been able to leave home this morning, instead of at 13:30. This mileage gets added to tomorrow's target

Steve

There was no power to the media unit for some reason so I thought it a good time to also get it to fit back in properly rather than sticking out about 1/2". Just a bad connection but after 1/2hr of battling with the numerous wires and connectors behind it I admitted defeat and it still sticks out a bit! 😒

Got a new remote for the levelling jacks last year just got round to pairing it to the system with some faffing about with the instructions. Took the old remote out and tried re pairing it and it started working again Probably nothing wrong with it to begin with. Took my wiper motor off and re fitted again properly. Fixed a wee pipe that kept popping off the washers with a 2p zip tie .Fixed the locking fuel cap. Checked and topped up all the fluids. Ordered a new set of led running lights one has got water in it and they come as a set of 5 pain in the neck. A couple of wee silly jobs still to do.

Back