What did you do to your van today?

Replaced it myself Gordon managed to find someone on eBay selling a half set for 80 quid. I’m learning to fix things without a hammer.😜
That's a big saving wully but it's not fair that folks get ripped off one other guys just hit a L200 warrier jeep with one of our transit's mirror to mirror can't get after market o es transit basic mirror man non electric £168 plus vat L200 allsinging one £369 plus vat driver thought I was p taking he says it's only a bleeping mirror

Waited inside, with legs crossed, for the rain to drop to just hissing down so that I could scurry out and empty the cassette which seemed to have the same capacity issues as my bladder. Drinking coffee whilst waiting for the rain to slow was possibly not a wise move ... 🤭

Steve

Waited inside, with legs crossed, for the rain to drop to just hissing down so that I could scurry out and empty the cassette which seemed to have the same capacity issues as my bladder. Drinking coffee whilst waiting for the rain to slow was possibly not a wise move ... 🤭

Steve
Not rubbingnit in steve but I've burnt my face today 😡

Not rubbingnit in steve but I've burnt my face today 😡
I've just developed rust spots, Gordon ... We're going to move back at least as far as Moncofa tomorrow, and then head back into France in the general direction of Avignon, spending a few days at various towns and cities that we haven't visited together. We have 40 days or so left of the original 60 day allocation, but, after topping up our prescriptions, we have the ability to extend the stay to suit. Will have to extend the 'empty property' cover online and pay around £30 extra premium for slightly reduced cover if we extend the stay, but in the context of everything else we've spent, it's less than 'small beer'

Leave the Factor 50 sun tan lotion by the water pump, there's a good man 👍🙄

Steve

Having delayed the previously booked renovation, today I tidied up the plastics and tyres and it’s now looking presentable for the first time in a while apart from the roof. Very pleasant job in the warm sun.

Gave the wheels, brake discs, pipes, etc and wheel arches a good wash out for MOT next week. Painted the tyres with forever black tyre gel which contains anti UV properties and leaves the tyres a good matt black colour which lasts for weeks. I have used this on my tyres for years, good stuff. Then lay under to inspect the inner faces of all four tyres. Service was last week including ALKO axle greasing, so, as ready as I can get it.

Davy

Washed more o that bloody sand of it from the Sahara and I never got lost wully afore yestart

I had to wash the windscreen and all the other windows this morning to fet rid of that red Sahara dust aswell, there must be a lot over there in Africa !!!!.😉🤣

I had to wash the windscreen and all the other windows this morning to fet rid of that red Sahara dust aswell, there must be a lot over there in Africa !!!!.😉🤣
There is a lot of sand in Africa, so much so that people eat it for pudding. It's a regular des(s)ert, discovered by a girl called Sah(a)ra, according to local leg end (of goat) ...

I would finish with 'I'm here all week' but we leave the Aire this morning; it needs time to clear after the cassette emptying, which is all I plan to do today

Steve

Reactions: Lee
Yesterday saw me refitting both of the large MPK rooflights to the roof of my Renault Master.

Some months ago I went into 'Millie' to do a quick internal check only to discover a darned great big puddle of water on the floor and quite badly discoloured light oak panelling.
On investigation I discovered the rearmost rooflights bonding to the corrugations of the roof had broken down after 6 high mileage years of use.
I fitted a fully roof covering tarpauline and set about cleaning everything up, but more importantly I had to allow a large amount of time for the wooden panels to fully dry out, I then had to treat the slightly discoloured sections of the wood with acid etc. until they all looked 100% equal to each other.

Fingers crossed that my repairs will see 'Millie' in 100% health for the years to come.

Last edited:
Back