What did you do to your van today?

Got a new remote for the levelling jacks last year just got round to pairing it to the system with some faffing about with the instructions. Took the old remote out and tried re pairing it and it started working again Probably nothing wrong with it to begin with. Took my wiper motor off and re fitted again properly. Fixed a wee pipe that kept popping off the washers with a 2p zip tie .Fixed the locking fuel cap. Checked and topped up all the fluids. Ordered a new set of led running lights one has got water in it and they come as a set of 5 pain in the neck. A couple of wee silly jobs still to do.
You still selling the old girl?

Big vans been great for the last 5 years. I keep complaining about stuff breaking but to be truthful it’s me that’s the problem. Big heavy hands that’s me. Anything that’s broken I’ve done. I’ll hold on too it and enjoy it until the teenage daughter wakes up one morning and decides that it’s not cool for her and that time is getting closer every day. Quite fancy a 4x4 Hymer on a sprinter when I do downsize. Or I might have to sell it to pay next months electric bill.😂

Looking forward to putting some water in, but each time I think "ok, I'll do it tomorrow" I wake up to a frost on the windows and think "uh oh, better wait".

(my water system is a bit odd and the pump is not good at self-priming the system, so I need to fiddle with it each time to remove an air-lock (and the pump was replaced in the past for this same reason and I removed the current pump myself to test it and it is ok, so just something inherent in the pipework I guess?))

Arrived in Dieppe and waited about 45 minutes to clear French Customs (just looked at Passports; not interested in Vaccinations, Declaration sur l'honneur, or fridge contents. Then had problems at first Peage; 'Card Refused' message so tried 2 other Cards, with same result, so paid cash and Elaine forgot to collect the change. Rang Nationwide to check Cards, and after listening to several ' You now have 4 options/ 'Your call may be recorded' etc, the climax was 'Our offices are closed, please call back later'.
When we called back later from Saran, Nationwide told us all 3 Cards had been approved by them, so our €3.40 fee cost us €10.20+€5 cash, 2 roaming phone calls, the fun of reversing out of the Card Payments only Toll Booth and getting into thre cash Booth and anxiety about what happens for the rest of the trip if our Cards don't work; plus delayed arrival time, because of travelling cross country ...
It's good to be back ....🙄🤭

Steve

It's a bit late for me to say that I generally wear a money belt next to my skin, and transfer what I assume to be sufficient cash for each day in case of issues such as yours.

It doesn't always work. Because Yvonne will never let me forget the time, after a posh meal, when I realised I hadn't transferred enough cash. She was appalled at the waiters face as I dug deep down into my underpants for more cash. 😱 😳 Happy days. 🤣

Have a great trip. 😀

It's a bit late for me to say that I generally wear a money belt next to my skin, and transfer what I assume to be sufficient cash for each day in case of issues such as yours.

It doesn't always work. Because Yvonne will never let me forget the time, after a posh meal, when I realised I hadn't transferred enough cash. She was appalled at the waiters face as I dug deep down into my underpants for more cash. 😱 😳 Happy days. 🤣

Have a great trip. 😀
Elaine used my Granny's favourite saying this morning, after she was greeted with the sight of a Belgian gent, wearing just tee shirt & baggy underpants, having a good ferret around in them in the open m/home doorway: 'Don't you see some sights when you haven't got your gun ...' 🙄🤭

Steve

A 'good ferret'? I am trying to imagine what a 'bad ferret' would look like now! :D

Replaced a set of 5 LED running lights made by Hella the full set costs about £165 for two sets of five plus the two controllers. I only needed one set so I found someone on eBay who must have had the same problem. Selling a half set of five £80 so got them and working perfectly.

Bought a TPMS set off fleabay being careful to order one with a range up to 6.0 Bar as most are for cars with 3.5 Bar max. (I run my tyres around 60PSI).
Was quite pleased with it on receipt until I noticed the pressure range in the manual... 0-3.5 Bar grrr....
I complained and they apologized and offered me a 50 then 80% refund, which I accepted ( might fit it to my Xtrail?).
I found another set and asked the vendor to confirm 6.0 Bar in listing, he replied sorry no, 3.5 Bar max.
A third supplier confirmed 8.0 Bar max so I ordered and await delivery with fingers crossed.
Both other vendors are still listing their sets at 6.0 Bar.
Caveat emptor!
K :(

Back