What did you do to your van today?

had a problem with the veh battery whilst away would drop to 11.5. over 3 days it is over 4 years old and i’ve let it go completely flat 4 times , anyway new battery ordered from alpha 15:40 yesterday delivered by 10:15 today now to fit it job for tomorrow i think still unpacking now

Got an external fridge door handle rebuilt in a Heath Robinson fashion (3 black stripes of insulating tape), to take the strain off the still attached metal half which is on the rh side of the fridge. Removed the fridge door security catch entirely and coaxed a 5mm nut into the handle recess. Screwed a threaded rubber levelling bung onto the gap and then braced the fridge interior with a plasterboard spring pin over a washer that seals the air gap created by the security catch removal. Still no news on when a replacement door kit will be available, either in Spain or UK. God bless Dometic' s 'Design Team' and their moronic, but money spinning, plastic catches for a weighty fridge door. If you need to save 4p on manufacturing costs and 60g weight, you probably need to go back to the Drawing Board ...

Steve

Magnificent Mavis sold within 4 hours to the first couple who came to see her. A bittersweet moment. I hope they enjoy her as much as we did. Next week we pick up our 2019 Chausson 610!
Our lovely new van (the equally magnificent Mabel) is a stunner but the purchase was a nightmare (not the vendors' fault). Please check out my critique of Lowdhams on another thread and you will see why. My conclusion - they are a bad dealer and they shouldn't get away with treating their customers this way.

View attachment 62633just finished fitting this awesome bit of kit.
same as mine got mine off Amazon (special deal) I've fitted it but haven't tried it yet as no EHU have you set yours up via the app? I have lithium and I am not sure of the settings so just left it in place till I get EHU then have a play if I can find the right settings. Mine doesn't show up on the app on the phone I suppose it will once I connect to EHU

Today was planned as 'van washing day----poo
Over the last couple of days Sue and I have been getting ready for our foray to Barlick this weekend. We'd stuck everything in and I'd filled the water tank, switched the pump on and tested the taps, tres bon !!! Went in this morning to check the fridge and the mats squelched, the pump was clicking and there was a tapping noise coming from the lav cupboard. The tank was empty, fortunately most of the water had gone down the drive, but there was still a carpet full of the stuff, our magic water sucking vac dealt with most of it, but then there was the problem of where it came from !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A leak from the shower tap assembly. Now since our water heater died and was removed that thing had not been used. Just to check I stuck a drop of water into the tank and put the pump on, opened the cupboard under the sink, lo and behold there was the Belgian ' Manikin Pis' Why oh why are these blasted things so difficult to get at????? It has taken nearly all day to re-route the water, due mainly to the cupboard having only the space for a 5 year old to get their hand in. So now we don't even have a cold shower and probably the dirtiest van at the meet
Be gentle with us
See you termorra
Peter & Sue

We recently came back from the Vienne region looking at houses to buy, I think we did more than our fair share of killing as many flying insects as we could with the front of the van! It was absolutely plastered with them, and a few days of sunshine had baked them on. I washed the front vigorously a couple of times then spent about an hour removing the really stuck on remains with insect remover and elbow grease.

We recently came back from the Vienne region looking at houses to buy, I think we did more than our fair share of killing as many flying insects as we could with the front of the van! It was absolutely plastered with them, and a few days of sunshine had baked them on. I washed the front vigorously a couple of times then spent about an hour removing the really stuck on remains with insect remover and elbow grease.
Try washing first thing in the morning when damp, may help.

I found AutoSmart G101 excellent at removing dead flies :) spray on, leave to dwell for 5-10 minutes and then just need to wipe with the cloth, no pressure required.

The Ski Cupboard (aka The Glory Hole or Broom Cupboard) shelves have begun to chip as we have used Brunhilde more than the previous owners, and probably carry more kit than we really need ...

1 length of aluminium strip €5.20 and a box of 220 self boring & self tapping screws €4.45 and there's still too much junk, but the shelves are refreshed 🙄

Steve
IMG_20220415_171916.jpgIMG_20220415_172809.jpg

After a bit of a fight with short stiff cables I managed to shoe horn in some larger engine start batteries under Murky's drivers seat. It now is upgraded from 90Ah to 110Ah. Lets see if these Yuasa's hold their voltage better than the Varts's that used to live there.

Back