What did you do to your van today?

Revised the temporary fix for the broken fridge door after the first 15 miles or so of driving along the AP7 when the top rod began to flex. Cut a temporary brace at the next parking space, and then made a more permanent version at the 3 MHome Aire at Breda, which is a charming town

Steve

• Well Done
Reactions: 2cv
Got stuck in a long long queue at French / Spanish border then found the Aire we planned to stop at, was jammed with lorries and cars so had to drive further to find somewhere to stop:( Nice and cosy finally and had to sort out internet which went on strike as we crossed into France....reset it all then fell asleep watching a film..... tomorrow will be better!!:)

Changed two usb power sockets to one with a 4.2a output and the other one to a new unit with a power switch for my dash cam, saves all the faffing about with the program on the cam to switch it of and on.

Changed the battery on the Van remote control, and it now works without hesitation. Interesting that the Co-op charged £4.25 for a CR2032 battery for the baggage scales, just before we left in March; the local Fereteria charged €2.31 for a Varta CR2032 with an expiry date of Nov 2031!
Probably worth checking the Alarm batteries, since they have been doing all the locking and unlocking whilst I nursed the Van remote control battery along

Steve

Reactions: Rec
Fitted 4 new rubber feet to the caravan step which is mainly used to get on/off the drop down bed safely ... Seems Burstner kept the basic floor layout (cost saving?) from the Nexo, but with the addition of the drop down bed in the Ixeo. The raised floor of the Nexo layout stops about 300mm short of the bed area, so, without a 40 inch inside leg, you need the caravan step to reach the bed ... 🙄

Steve

Managed to reopen the door! Grab the broken handle with needle pliers and pull to release the catch. Easy ...

Steve
We have been limping from Aire to Aire in Spain for almost 3 weeks, waiting for news of a Dometic RMT9435 Fridge Handle replacement kit. Had to leave Spain yesterday to head towards the ferry, securing the fridge door with Mark IV of the temporary bodge.

Now 317 miles north of the Motorhome Engineer who said he would try to get a replacement Handle Kit, but who has been ominously silent since we asked him to source one. This morning, he sent an email, 'Parts received, what do you want to do?' ...

I have replied asking that he post the Fridge Door Kit to me in Scotland at my expense, because a round trip of 634 miles cost of diesel plus £41 autoroute tolls, plus a ferry cancellation makes no sense economically. And if the engineer doesn't reply today, I'll be even further away from his premises!

Meanwhile, pictures of the temporary fridge door kit 🙄

Steve
IMG_20220421_125631.jpgIMG_20220421_125645.jpgIMG_20220421_125747.jpg

Arrived at Aire at rear of Carrefour Contact (Mini Market) at La Bastide Murat, so only 25m walk for shopping! Fresh water, grey water and black water points, and scenic views over the countryside (ignoring the Autoroute Peage Booths ...)

Locked up and went for a walk in the small town. Returned to find that Carrefour staff had strimmed the verge at the edge of the Aire pitches, and the moist cuttings from the recent rain had dried on the Bonnet and grille in the afternoon sun as though they had been glued on! Stuff the 'No Washing of Camping Cars' prohibition; if you don't want the washing, don't turn the Van into a lawn ... 👍

Steve

Fitted a new Hook up inlet to the van, the old one became difficult to open due to age so I bought a new one on E Bay, I bought a Black one as I recently bought a new fresh water cap , so they now match, Easy to fit . I was expecting to have to extend the cables in the van etc but no all straight forward , Polarity tested and all working well.

We found a nice aire at Grez Neuville on the Mayenne river and parked in the shade under the trees.
Big mistake! The trees were full of crows nests and we heard what we thought were twigs falling on the van roof.
When we got home last night, we realised the crows had been using us for target practice.
It took 2 hours to clean the roof, crow ‘merde’ sets very hard!

Back