What did you do to your van today?

We have a Toptron crash protection system fitted to the van and it started cutting the gas off, usually if we parked on a very slight slope and walked about in the van just after parking.
I changed the control unit a couple of weeks back as that appears to be the brains of the system, but it carried on cutting out, but not as bad as before. So, today I changed the auto changeover unit with the solenoid valve
Time will tell, but we won’t be using the van for a week or so.

Changed the Shurflo pump because it leaked from the diaphragm assembly while we were at Barnoldswick. Not a big job, just the usual requirement to be a double jointed bugger, which I aint.

Cheers

H

Took advantage of the free EHU to hoover the interior before restocking for the trip back to Scotland. Just despatched an Auchan Quiche Lorraine, and lots more nibbles before the 0530 sailing tomorrow morning ...

Steve

Filled the fresh water tank and added 100ml of peracetic acid and drew water through the pipes, fixed the light in the garage area.

Changed the Shurflo pump because it leaked from the diaphragm assembly while we were at Barnoldswick. Not a big job, just the usual requirement to be a double jointed bugger, which I aint.

Cheers

H
Having taken the old pump apart, it appears there are no cracks in the pump housing and water was escaping from between the two halves of it. Today's job, because its raining, will be to clean up and reassemble the pump with a smear of Hermatite on the surfaces, then I'll have a spare. The existing pump was manufactured in 2014.

Cheers

H

Drove out for the first time in ages today. Got the Engine MIL light come on, which was a bit annoying. Everything seemed fine so when I got back plugged in the tester and did a Cat-scan ...
IMG_20220505_191840_7.jpg

PS. Code didn't appear to serious and cleared it. Will see if it returns ....

Full service, plus handbrake adjustment and gear linkage mechanism greased, and a big bill ...

Despite the increase in interest rates, the returns on savings accounts remain pahetic [before this week's interest rate increase of 1/4%, HSBC had sent notification that their Credit Card rate had increased by 4%! Usurious bankers]. So paid a chunk off the M/Home, reducing the term by 8 months and saving four figures on the finance charges, instead of waiting 12 months to get some £20 or so credit interest

Steve

Did a little job today that was a "get round to it" for coming up for a year!

Moved the Sat-Nav/Reversing Camera Monitor to the top of the Windscreen last year and ran a cable via the ceiling to the TV pod area to avoid hanging down cables. No ignition control signal up there, so the Sat-Nav was always on and had to physically unplug it or remember to switch off round the back.
So today fitted a little switch to turn it off remotely (blue switch on side below). Advantage of that is it removes power to the Garmin Plug with transmitter so should save an extra little bit of power as well
IMG_20220507_115035_0.jpg

Did a little job today that was a "get round to it" for coming up for a year!

Moved the Sat-Nav/Reversing Camera Monitor to the top of the Windscreen last year and ran a cable via the ceiling to the TV pod area to avoid hanging down cables. No ignition control signal up there, so the Sat-Nav was always on and had to physically unplug it or remember to switch off round the back.
So today fitted a little switch to turn it off remotely (blue switch on side below). Advantage of that is it removes power to the Garmin Plug with transmitter so should save an extra little bit of power as well
View attachment 62880
That looks really smart and functional, David. My Satnav uses the Garmin sticky pad to attach to the redundant internal rear view mirror, but the lead dangling down the screen to the power socket is distracting and unsightly. I'll probably add this to my pending order with you! Just waiting on Fridge Door parts availability clarification at present, but hoping that the local Dometic Agent has the crucial security lock 'kicking around somewhere' [his words]. Hoping to find out on Monday

Steve

Got stuck on the A34 at Abingdon.
For 1 hour 30 mins
No diversions signed so slow B roads for another 1 hour lost.
Loads of time available and so no matter...A good day for a long delay !! ??.
Nice farm site between So'ton and Salisbury (Plaitford/Landford)

Started the post trip tidy up and cleaning yesterday. After 62 nights away and EHU for only 5 days, we had reached the limit of what a daily sweep out can do to keep things 'properly clean'. Leather upholstery polish applied and my running repairs kit migration to its permanent home started. More of the same today, intermingled with moving kit in and out, based on our experiences of what worked well, and what was a complete PITA, mainly the camping table for al fresco dining that the wet weather and limited outside space on the Aires put paid to. 'And why did we think bringing this would be a good idea?' was a question asked more than once ...

Steve

Back