What did you do to your van today?

My first time "winterising" I broke the fresh water tank drain assembly, so over the winter I had to remove the tank to renew it (don't ask its a long story) any way we've just returned from a couple of weeks away, during the moves the drain plug came out on two occasions, I sussed out that the new drain plug was a little proud of the drain hole and that the pump was hitting it and knocking it out. Generally speaking not a problem as most of our trips are on pukka site's (with on pitch water etc) but sometimes we wild camp, NO WATER !!. So I've fixed in the tank an inverted coffee jar lid for the pump to sit in, cut away one side and drilled holes in the rest, now the pump cannot (?) hit the drain.

Changed the oil, didn’t do many miles last year so didn’t bother changing the filter.

Fixed the Truma frost valve that drops the water if it gets too cold. Clever little box. Devil to get out but now all working and back together.
Went off in her for a cup of tea on top of a local hill to celebrate!

Not just today, but last 3 days.. took out all three rooflights and completely rebuilt frames etc from the ceiling up through the roof. There are now 4 barrier systems in place to prevent water ingress - we'll see !

• Well Done
Reactions: 2cv
Sat in rush hour around Amsterdam .... gave up work 4 years ago to not do that!

We travel to Germany every year and we get caught in the Dutch traffic every time, we go into Holland via the Hook Van Holland, the first 20 miles or so, we arrive on Thursday morning, works traffic

Thursday/Friday.(17th/18th)
Collect MoHo from storage. Drive to camp-site.
Big food shop !
Checking (fridge OK on all 3) and sorting and tidying.
Minor repair/upgrage to drainage from grey water tank planned.
TomTom upgrade due to GPS "Rollover"..all OK

I am cleaning the fridge, we collected the van from Canvey Island yesterday and they have done a lovely job repairing the front end, needs a lot of cleaning and polishing now so I am doing the fridge first then I can put some beer in ?

Fitted a second leisure battery and a 1000W inverter so we can use a toaster and the microwave without EHU. I had hoped to be fitting a 400W solar panel setup at the same time but the kit hasn't arrived yet (delayed in Calais it seems!).

Took bed roof light off and rinsed/soaked in mild bleach solution after an initial general purpose cleaner.
All black mould/algae has cleaned off a treat, now to polish and refit!!!?

Any joy sourcing a manufacturer to manu rear protector/roller device??
Not yet...Despite many enquiries.
It may be the garage I use for servicing can do. But closed at the moment.
Now we are back in UK telephone calls may be better than emails etc.

Striped out back left corner of floor and some wall boards as clean rotten with damp and only 5 years from i built it,cannot for the life of me find any water coming in so will take time watching before redoing bad section.:unsure:

Given it a clean out after a few days up in Northumberland. It was rammed with people. Did find a nice spot at Ross Sands. Not a single person on the beach at 6pm. Lindispharne Castle, Budle Bay good, Bamburgh Castle with its new yellowlines to stop parking on the road, Howick Gardens. Never again on a bank holiday! It was rammed with people.

Replaced the 10 year old 85Ah AGM leisure battery for a nice shiny Varta LFD job. Unfortunately due to limited space (under drivers seat) could only fit a 75Ah one. At least I don’t have to worry about weight increase and our solar panel should keep it topped up when off grid. A good clean inside & out and a mental list of repair jobs to be done before the boss retires in June & we can finally use it for longer trips.

Back