What did you do to your van today?

grath

Not done yet but will give her a quick clean!
She did return a couple weeks ago from the dealer very clean, so a quick wash off is all that will be required prior to our trip. Probably also will do the roof

grath

Not done yet but will give her a quick clean!
She did return a couple weeks ago from the dealer very clean, so a quick wash off is all that will be required prior to our trip. Probably also will do the roof
Done now

trevskoda

Cutting out childs old mouse hole beds left and right to make one big double below ours,so mummy and daughter above and me with mr trouble down below.

2cv

I made the most of the good weather to apply a quality wax, then began loading for the trip next week.

Wully

Gave the van a bath just the glass to do it takes about 3 hours to do by time I do the glass and wheels dread having to wax or polish it they put some sort of gardex sealant on it when I bought it wonder how long it lasts comes up pretty good with McGuires shampoo and water.

Reactions: 2cv

Pem

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
Sat and watched these views. Wonderful A9FBB62F-8CD2-4085-A09B-BC263A9CB086.jpeg0209A668-F197-4FEF-9701-9B6D2D19AC31.jpegDE3EEAF8-D728-4111-A58A-329C7A5F087C.jpeg

MJVW

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
Been thinking of removing mine it's a big old lump and with the lighter load i may get a better MPG, however it is a good deterrent for drivers who like to tailgate as if they run into it would do some damage.

grath

Finished packing her for a tour.
Put in fresh veg and meat etc.
Packed meds
Loaded Caxton and Fairfx cards

2cv

Filled with water ready for an early departure on Tuesday. One of the locker locks would not unlock, so they are all now silicon lubricated and unlocking much more easily. Checked that the heater, water heater and fridge all work using both gas and electricity.
Quite exciting to be ready for the off after a few months grounded.

grath

I forgot to say.
Filled the water tank and tested the heating on both electric and gas.
I will leave a gentle heat on tonight

Nosmo king

My first time "winterising" I broke the fresh water tank drain assembly, so over the winter I had to remove the tank to renew it (don't ask its a long story) any way we've just returned from a couple of weeks away, during the moves the drain plug came out on two occasions, I sussed out that the new drain plug was a little proud of the drain hole and that the pump was hitting it and knocking it out. Generally speaking not a problem as most of our trips are on pukka site's (with on pitch water etc) but sometimes we wild camp, NO WATER !!. So I've fixed in the tank an inverted coffee jar lid for the pump to sit in, cut away one side and drilled holes in the rest, now the pump cannot (?) hit the drain.