What did you do to your van today?

Finished off the final touches for the Datatag (a windscreen disc holder to show the ne'er do wells - can't call these tax disc holders anymore!) seems a great piece of kit

Well put the second coat of cromapol on roof this morning. Spent rest of day still looking for a replacement habitation window!!!

Changed the bedding and duvet ... down from 14 to 9 tog ... is this too optimistic?

Rec

Put some non slip matting under the box on which the dogs bed rests....it moved going down a steep hill yesterday and she ended up on the floor o_O

Rec

Changed the bedding and duvet ... down from 14 to 9 tog ... is this too optimistic?
No! You can always have the dogs to keep you warm? We changed ours from 13.5 to 9 the other day. Did put a blanket in "just in case"!

grath

Checked the tyre pressures and put air in, checked after van been at dealership and re torqued the wheels.
went to top up gas and only took £2.85 (wasn't worth going)
Mrs G put some of her stuff in.
Nearly forgot! Chucked some beer in!:)

I finished the clean up after it’s idleness for over two months. Just to load up now before setting off for Chester next week. The warm sunny days have certainly made cleaning a pleasure.

grath

I will be taking our scooter for a little run, to top up the battery, before loading into the van garage:)

Annual service and habitation check.

All OK for another year of travelling.

Just fixed my solar panels in position....behind the sofa,screwed a block of wood to the wall to hold them in place until im off the road in a couple of weeks,they are getting a bit of sun through the window☺

EJB

Free Member
Tried to put some more air in my 'new to me' MH rear tyres.
12v cable on pump doesn't reach.
Extension coming overnight.

Tigersealed (mastic) all around newly painted skirt, looks great even if I do say so myself

20190411_180908.jpg

I checked to see all was well after the alarm activated. I could see no reason for it and it’s never done it before.

My CEO/carer/navigator made some sunscreens for the bedroom and living area windows. Very flash. We bought proper Basque deckchair material in San Sebastion a year or so back. She bought silver backed blackout material last week for a backing and stitched them today incorporating elastic tie fastenings. Look really good. Head off on Tuesday for France, Spain and possibly Portugal. Hope we get the weather to try them out.

Davy

grath

Nearly finished loading for our trip to Frogland.
Loaded the scooter into the garage with all the safety gear:)

grath

My CEO/carer/navigator made some sunscreens for the bedroom and living area windows. Very flash. We bought proper Basque deckchair material in San Sebastion a year or so back. She bought silver backed blackout material last week for a backing and stitched them today incorporating elastic tie fastenings. Look really good. Head off on Tuesday for France, Spain and possibly Portugal. Hope we get the weather to try them out.

Davy
Wish I was going to Portugal, but Mrs G says we must just do Frogland and leave Portugal for our second tour for the year.
We do have the Santander ferry booked for that trip

MJVW

Off to fix leaking ceiling skylight vent, it's been like that for the last 3 months protected with gaffa tape so not leaking but requires attention, woke up one morning with a soggy patch between cab and hab leaking through screw hole vent cover to opening handle definitely age related so self tappers with waterproof pop tops throwing in a small amount of mastic sealant "belt and Braces",