What did you do to your van today?

Well after a bloomin' long drive from Glossop to the border region in the tin tent, I finally met up with the legend that is Wildbus. Well 4 hours of fiddling and piddlin' it seems that an answer to the 'oppy fridge problem may be on the horizon. Not haven't eaten or had a drink for half a day I am just catching up. A cup of tea was truly welcome, and now the vino tinto is starting to kick in too. So termorra after a breakfast of dead animal and a brew or two, David will, hopefully, sort me out

I was of the same mind the problem is Swift had them made so badly that they were getting more and more cracked as they became weaker, and at over £1k new unpainted I thought I'd get them repaired and reinforced at the same time.
Repair and take a grp mold, then make a new unit from the mold, you could make a few and sell them on.

I had a slight dribble on the water tank foam seal last September and couldn't get a replacment because of Covid disruption to the Supply Chain. Fixed the problem by coating the seal and large red cap with Food Grade silicone grease, and all has been good ever since. I need to remove the Red Cap to clean the Tank, and suspect that the seal will fail so rang Camper UK for a replacement. Last year the seal was offered at around £13. It seems that Burstnerhave changed their policy, and the seal is now available only with a new Tank Cap. Delivery 4 to 6 weeks, EU Transport Costs plus UK Courier costs, total £43.62 ...

Steve

I'd tell em to stuff it Steve and just do the same again or look on line for a similar sized seal, they make thousands of different diameters and thicknesseses

I'd tell em to stuff it Steve and just do the same again or look on line for a similar sized seal, they make thousands of different diameters and thicknesseses
Kev, I bought 2 x rubber seals last year in case the foam seal failed, but other m/homers said the rubber seals don't work and the leak returns after anything from a couple of days to 3 or 4 weeks, and I don't want to be mopping up water for 3 months over Winter, especially as the Tank is inboard and has a plywood floor beneath it! The cost of any damage repairs would dwarf £43! But not good practice from Burstner environmentally

Steve

Had a we look inside van at battery charging from solar, not very good but holding at 12.6v at tea time, also put some damp absorbent packs in to be sure and safe, van temp sitting at 12c tonight.

Had a we look inside van at battery charging from solar, not very good but holding at 12.6v at tea time, also put some damp absorbent packs in to be sure and safe, van temp sitting at 12c tonight.
Lithium Leisure at 13.58v after about 40Wh solar today, despite incessant rain until around 4pm. As David of Wildebus surmised, the inverter use has caused the Lithium extra work, and the switch of the AMT12 Battery Refresher to constant mode, transferring power to the Starter Battery for 9seconds in every 10 seconds has stopped the Battery BMS from going comatose in deep Standby. This has stopped the 12v system from losing its settings for both the multimedia and Truma heating, so the job's a good un!

Just waiting for some dry weather so thatI can sterilise the fresh water tank and descale the Hot Water System. Elaine has a hospital appointment on 8th November and I received yet another Jury Citation on Saturday, this for 28th November, so our anticipated 24th November departure for France and Spain very much on hold at present

Steve

Finally managed to make something that would clinch the m10 avdel/ rivnuts. Tried using a bolt and nut with washer and grease in-between but the avdel would spin when i tightened the nut hoping to draw it together. I then turned up a spigot I could grip with molegrips and using the rattle gun hey presto job done, wheel carrier is now fitted.20221023_122521.jpg20221023_133843.jpg20221023_140828.jpg

Back