What did you do to your van today?

Finished off the Water Heater and Taps descale. Mild panic when there was no initial rush of spluttering air and water at any of the taps or at the shower head. but a further 25 litres of water into the tank solved the problem. Leaving the water. warmed to 'Eco' setting in the system for a wee while to try to pick up any residual bits of calcium on the final flush as well as washing clear any residues of the acid solution used to descale ...

''Warning! Wear gloves when using the solution and avoid contact with skin, wash copiously with water' etc etc. Then use the system to wash your hands or have a shower ... :oops:

Steve

I must be lazy because for many years I've just bunged in AquaTabs. We're still here to tell the tale. 👍

I must be lazy because for many years I've just bunged in AquaTabs. We're still here to tell the tale. 👍
We had a 'Bombay Belly' [other descriptions are available] episode in France in July, although that may have been down to the black waste and drinking water supply being fed by the same tap. Both the Truma advice and the Clean Tabs [Puriclean] website refer to tank sterilisation twice a year, and Brunhilde is over 6 years old with no evidence of any treatment/maintenance. Same for the Water Heater decalcification ... I'm also anxious to avoid the 'Help! Had hot water when we went to bed last night, now none at all despite hot water being switched on and water tank full' post on the Forum. The shower head has regained a more consistent flow, suggesting that some calcium has been dissolved and the water tank warmed up quicker today when I tested it prior to its final flush, so sounds as though the declagging was not before time ...

It's maintenance that is within my limited ability and should contribute to the 'Preventable Mistakes' Avoidance efforts. Speaking of which, had I not been so clumsy and knocked my [ancient] laptop off the occasional table [no idea what is poses as the rest of the time ...], removing about 15% of the casing and cracking the screen, I wouldn't have needed to shell out for a new laptop this week. And if I hadn't been so complacent/google phobic with my Summer photos, I could have rescued my photos that are locked on the brick that used to be my mobile phone. But I wouldn't have bought a nice new Google Pixel 7 Pro 10 days ago ...

Steve

Nothing as on holiday in witby in apartment so boring me has been checking all the campers and spots for overnight park ups.
Whitby carparks on harbour clearly says no motorhomes over night.
But been about 4/6 a night stoping over.
Waterstead Lane Road side parking,2/4 per night .

Last edited:
'Just fitted new wiper blades my dosnt it make a big difference lolo'
---------------
Makes even more of a difference if you switch the wipers on ... [unless it's dry weather; not a feature in Scotland at this time of year ...] :D

The A921 outside the house is still riddled with excavations for the Gas Mains renewal. You can tell where the new pipe hasn't sealed; those properties have a fountain [with continually replenished water supply] spouting out of what used to be the parking space. If SGN don't get their corporate finger out and refill the holes soon, I shall have to take the Birthday Card and change it for a 'Guess who's 2 today' updated version ...

'Is it blocking the whole road?'
'Naw, there's nothing blocking the hole road. that's the bloody problem ...' :rolleyes:

Steve

I usually get a green pan scrubber with WUL on it on the screen about twice a year, it really gets rid of the Diesel and other crap on the glass.

I didn’t do snything apart from pass tools but I’m having this doneView attachment 64995View attachment 64996
The tidier finished version .....

Electrics Locker -RHS by David, on Flickr
300AH Lithium at the bottom; 12/1600 Multiplus above
On the Right wall 240V Consumer unit with RCBO into Multiplus, RCBO out of Multiplus, plus an MCB for a flying IEC lead for Charger use.
On the Left wall, Isolation Switch for the Battery, 80A Fuse for the Hab 12V Supply, 175A Fuse for the MP 12V Supply, Shunt for the BMV-712, and a Temperature Controller that monitors the Muliplus case temp and activates a fan to draw the warm air out the locker when over the set temp (cool air is brought in from underneath via the drop-out vent.

Electrics - Left Wall by David, on Flickr

Fan has a little grill on both sides to protect fingers and wires from the vanes :)

Fan Grill by David, on Flickr

On the Left Side is the Charging and Distribution side
EBL208 (not in photo) is fitted as standard, but now has no main Starter Battery Input as the Victron B2B will take over the Split-Charge function.
The Mutiplus is doing the Mains Charging and an AMT12-2 is providing Starter Battery maintenance so the Mains input to the EBL has been removed so its only function is 12V Distribution.
A Victron SmartSolar 100/30 is looking at the pair of 175W panels mounted on the Roof.
And a Midi Fuse Block is bringing in the 12V from the RHS Locker and connecting it (via Fuse-protected cables) to the EBL208, 12V Existing Accessories, Solar Controller and B2B.
I
Electrics Locker - LHS by David, on Flickr

And the BMV-712 display located in a cupboard niche to allow the info to be read directly as well as from the Victron app. The BMV can also control the AMT12-2 via its relay. Current set to manual override, but could be set to have the AMT activate automatically if say the Starter Battery was below 12V, for example. All about the flexibility :)
I
BMV-712 by David, on Flickr

Started to tidy up the inside after the Tank Sterilisation/Declaification and other odds 'n' ends. 'Take a coffee inside and enjoy the afternoon sun, while tidying up'. Tripped over new Table, 2 x coffee spread liberally over hab area, so lots of mopping up and very little coffee ... Amazing how far it travels too ... :rolleyes: Take 2 tomorrow ...

Steve

Started to tidy up the inside after the Tank Sterilisation/Declaification and other odds 'n' ends. 'Take a coffee inside and enjoy the afternoon sun, while tidying up'. Tripped over new Table, 2 x coffee spread liberally over hab area, so lots of mopping up and very little coffee ... Amazing how far it travels too ... :rolleyes: Take 2 tomorrow ...

Steve
I recommend no tables! :D

Back