What did you do to your van today?

Just put another two lithium batteries in the basket at alpha batteries got to checkout put discount code in then bottled it again think that’s about 20 times I’ve done this?? the guy who owns alpha could retire tomorrow if I paid for all the batteries I nearly bought. ?

Also been de cluttering and putting some air in the tyres , most of my tyres was 4.6 bar when they should have been 5.5 bar :eek: , so remember if you have alloy wheel rims CHECK you pressure regularly .

That’s nought this is what I call REVERSE LIGHTS?
What a coincidence. Everyone seems to be adding reversing lights. I've just had an extra LED reversing light fitted because my new reversing camera isn't great in low light conditions

Today I done a few wee mods,filled the fresh tank again,managed to high shine the van.knackered now.
Cleaned up he windows inside.
Blackened all plastic trims

• Well Done
Reactions: 2cv
Just put another two lithium batteries in the basket at alpha batteries got to checkout put discount code in then bottled it again think that’s about 20 times I’ve done this?? the guy who owns alpha could retire tomorrow if I paid for all the batteries I nearly bought. ?
FFS Wully get them bought lololl

My van has a 13 amp plug socket mounted above a 12 volt cigarette style power point. They often cannot be used at the same time as the flex from many 13 amp plugs interfere with the 12 volt access. Picked up a bit of info on the Hymer owners group Facebook page on how easily they can be turned 90 degrees, so did that.
I like to paint my tyres every few months with Forver Black tyre gel, so that got done as well. Good stuff, not the glossy silicone stuff that fades in a day or so. Forever Black is a dye with UV inhibitors which I put on with a paintbrush. It makes them black but matt, like when they were new. Helps prevent UV damage and cracks. Costs about £15 for a bottle of about 250 ml but will do my 16 inch wheels about 4 times.
Also thought I would go over the van with the autoglym tar remover, but haven’t washed the van yet so lots of the spots weren’t really tar. Combine that with the black spots that float about in my right eye (retinal tear a few years back) and the whole thing became a bit of a farce. Try again later in the week after I wash the van.

Davy

Fitted a 3M Microbial Water Filter to the kitchen cold supply. No worries now about drinking tank water, especially when filling overseas.

Getting ready for a month away, so rinsed tanks through and filled water, checked tyre pressures and oil, filled washer fluid (5 litres!) cleaned up engine bay and all vinyl areas. I’ve been doing little bits in the few weeks we’ve had at home, so nearly ready now for Moffat at the weekend before the long journey to Norfolk.

I’m not doing it but Jackson’s Satellites fitting an automatic satellite dish to my Pilote as I type this post. That only leaves a visit to Autogas 2000 for refillables in a couple of weeks when I can drive.

Looks good :)

So being the hottest day of the year, I decided to install a VSR, plus a 110Ah Battery and a Victron Multiplus 800/35 under the drivers seat of a VW T5. Simple enough as long as you have a grinder to cut away bits of the seat base to fit everything in and clear the actual seat mechanism as it goes back and forwards (important when one driver is 6' 7" and the other isn't!).
Took all day, so the planned work to my own van will have to wait until the weekend now :(

Back