What did you do to your van today?

More playing around with load space in the spare time before we start the repack for next week's trip. Tried to use heat wrap on the tool clips [to hold the Leiffheit Cleaning Poles in place] that I fitted earlier this week to tighten up the fit and reduce rattles; still too much play, so repositioned the clips to connect with the meatier areas of the cleaning poles to get a snug fit. Then fitted another tool clip to the Belly Locker internal wall so that the 5L Engine Oil Container [about 3 litres left] can be held securing by the pouring handle whilst travelling, supported by the levelling ramps that, in turn, are held in place by other kit that can be wedged solid.

Not very scientific, but looks tidier, and should be easier to unpack/repack - in theory :ROFLMAO:

And whilst I was playing around, Elaine did some proper work, cleaning the upholstery, that LOOKED clean enough until she applied the Leather Cleaning Cream ... For a light colour, it hides the grime and muck remarkably well!

Steve

Gave our Mabel, (2.8JTD Benimar of 2005 vintage) a quick wash down in the rain prior to MOT on Monday. Oil and filter change last week on one of the few dry days we had.

Started giving the Motorhome the first wash of the year yesterday ... Why do the roofs of Motorhomes turn so green so fast? I was up on the roof for literally hours and still not finished just that part, let alone the rest of the van :(

We have a bit of Mildew in the van so I had a couple of little jobs to do, a bit of trim had come lose so I had to stick that back up, and I hadn't finished the kitchen sink after sorting the lose tap out, so I stuck the sinks rubber surround back in, why though is it 2 inches longer than when it came out?.

Anyway while I was down there I fitted this to quieten down the hangers.

1709554862557.jpeg

Got the window cleaner to clean the roof, he's still at it

Took mine up the Antrim coast and back through the mountains, think my starter battery is on the way out as i had to switch in my hab batts to fire the lump up first thing in the morning, it was a old battery given to me so now i will have to put my hands deep into a pocket to find the pennies.

Will Alpha batteries deliver to you or do you know someone with a shed full?

Started giving the Motorhome the first wash of the year yesterday ... Why do the roofs of Motorhomes turn so green so fast? I was up on the roof for literally hours and still not finished just that part, let alone the rest of the van :(
Duplicate post- deleted

Last edited:
David, I spent 7 hours washing the Van today, including the roof that I had cleaned using the Platform Tower at Parking La Brisa some 8-9 weeks ago! Not much green, other than the usual moss growing on the rear wall where the decorative mouldings cover the bike rack rails, but the black sooty stains on the roof were devils to shift [they just slid down onto the bodywork so needed to be cleaned off again!]

Never mind, we leave for Spain on Wednesday morning, so tomorrow will be just a little busier than I had planned, thinking that the Van washing would be finished before lunch ... Tbf, I did have to get the bikes off to do the Van wash and had to take time to make some drainage holes in the Bike Cover, and then had to put them back up again and fafff about wrapping a tarpaulin around the bikes to protect them from rain entering via the backless cover ...

Steve

Reactions: 2cv
David, I spent 7 hours washing the Van today, including the roof that I had cleaned using the Platform Tower at Parking La Brisa some 8-9 weeks ago! Not much green, other than the usual moss growing on the rear wall where the decorative mouldings cover the bike rack rails, but the black sooty stains on the roof were devils to shift [they just slid down onto the bodywork so needed to be cleaned off again!]

Never mind, we leave for Spain on Wednesday morning, so tomorrow will be just a little busier than I had planned, thinking that the Van washing would be finished before lunch ... Tbf, I did have to get the bikes off to do the Van wash and had to take time to make some drainage holes in the Bike Cover, and then had to put them back up again and fafff about wrapping a tarpaulin around the bikes to protect them from rain entering via the backless cover ...

Steve
I had plans to finish the washing, but just too cold today - and no need to get done in next few days unlike yourself, so postponement was the order of the day :) Found some water under the kitchen skylight today inside, but no surprise considering using a water jet to clean the green, so not concerned on that at all.

Good idea on the drainage holes (y) First time I used mine it was like a duck pond at the bottom after a while the way the water collects.

It must have been Motor Home wash day today. Prior to this, the short drive to Costco to fuel up for our pending trip to the tunnel. I assembled scaffold for easier access to MH roof................game changer!!

Roof done and looking nice and white, I did the front, rear and, both sides. Tomorrow, weather permitting, T-Cut front of MH, then apply polish, this makes bug splat easier to remove when you can no longer see the white front of MH due to bug splat. Also apply glass cleaner to the large A-Class windscreen, again, this makes easier bug splat removal. New wiper blades bought and fitted today too.

Now the task of packing commences from tomorrow.

Reading the last few posts I personally think the members need to worry less about their appearance and more about the thrill and adventure or the open road.
No one worries whether your roof is clean.

Reading the last few posts I personally think the members need to worry less about their appearance and more about the thrill and adventure or the open road.
No one worries whether your roof is clean.
Cleaning the roof is also the opportunity to check all is good .... Solar panels secured, vents and skylights undamaged and secure, no damage to roof, etc. etc. Apart from which, who wants to drive around in a manky looking vehicle?
Not cleaning the roof would be like having a shower and never washing your hair :)

Back