What did you do to your van today?

Fixed a dip beam fuse on the relay, built in 2 more high ampage fused usb sockets to power the 12v vacume cleaner.
Then did all flued levels and fan belt looked at for wear and tension, then to hell with it so back in for more coffee. 😂
don't know what it is like in NI, but here in lower Scotland it is just too cold to be messing around in the van 🥶🥶

Coming back from Staffs, the irritating dashboard rattle got more irritating. It doesn't happen on every bump or pothole but it has got louder, definitely a plastic rather than metal vibration. Bit the bullet and removed the driver's side lower dashboard panel and speedo binnacle. The speedo binnacle seemed to have some play and the step warning buzzer was dangling off its velcro mount but other than that I couldn't see/feel anything else loose. Cable runs also seemed ok, if its still there next time out I'll turn the music up!!

Watch out for side winds is all I can say :oops:

Good idea, but I would have added PROPER dimensions as well i.e. Feet and Inches :D

(PS. get your sharpie out. soon fix those pesky decimal points)

Last edited:
On the subject of heating in the shower room you have to remember I don't have to shut the shower door while showering as I have a curtain across the door heat from the main cab will still be coming in .

On the subject of heating in the shower room you have to remember I don't have to shut the shower door while showering as I have a curtain across the door heat from the main cab will still be coming in .
Yes but the curtain will blow out if you fart. :eek:

Liz removed the Truma ultra store flue vent, unfortunately she did it with the passenger door mirror, used mirror £45 delivered, flue cover £50 new + delivery, can't find a used one. Expensive day, I'll keep searching for a used one, I'm not paying that if I can help it.
Trying to picture how it is possible to hit the flue vent with a Door Mirror? boiler fitted on the front wing?

Do you hang the curtain on your pole Jeffrey? 😁

Back