What did you do to your van today?

I attempted to clean the front of the roof, the part of the cab, I have a new 3 mtr brush which is actually quite good and will help to do the conservatory roof.

I can reach most of it from the flat garage roof, very dodgy, it looks better but a lot of black spots on it still so not sure what the treatment is for that yet.

Tried to remove the kitchen tap to silicone grease the ceramic faces and cure the slight weep. Unfortunately, someone has screwed the rubber/plastic 28mm'ish nut that holds the cartridge in situ just below the surface of the tap body, so cannot grip the nut faces to get the cartridge out ... :mad:

Steve

Tried to remove the kitchen tap to silicone grease the ceramic faces and cure the slight weep. Unfortunately, someone has screwed the rubber/plastic 28mm'ish nut that holds the cartridge in situ just below the surface of the tap body, so cannot grip the nut faces to get the cartridge out ... :mad:

Steve
Try a box key or twist the tap.

Try a box key or twist the tap.
Haven't got anything remotely near the size with me, and the Chinese Shop + Ferreteria haven't anything in stock! The tap is just weeping at present, so will push on to Benicarlo tomorrow in the hope that Tambo Motorhomes will have a new cartridge/tap in stock and that Ramon can fit us in on Monday

Steve

Haven't got anything remotely near the size with me, and the Chinese Shop + Ferreteria haven't anything in stock! The tap is just weeping at present, so will push on to Benicarlo tomorrow in the hope that Tambo Motorhomes will have a new cartridge/tap in stock and that Ramon can fit us in on Monday

Steve
Wrap a cloth around it .

Wrap a cloth around it .
Already done that as a temporary measure. I'm hoping to get a proper repair done asap so that we can use the Van fully. A 5.99m unit needs to work properly to make the other compromises acceptable, and we're already 'carrying' the Burstner delaminated floor until it can be repaired in December 2024, 19 months after the fault was discovered and reported ...

Steve

Already done that as a temporary measure. I'm hoping to get a proper repair done asap so that we can use the Van fully. A 5.99m unit needs to work properly to make the other compromises acceptable, and we're already 'carrying' the Burstner delaminated floor until it can be repaired in December 2024, 19 months after the fault was discovered and reported ...

Steve
Steve get some tredaire underlay and you won't notice it ,like walking on air

Back