What did you do to your van today?

What vehicle was the fuel filter on widebus? I ask because I had that on my 1999 Transit. I suspect that the fitter didn't know how to secure it properly to the last 'click'. It doesn't screw on like most filters, more of a bayonet type of fitting

What vehicle was the fuel filter on widebus? I ask because I had that on my 1999 Transit. I suspect that the fitter didn't know how to secure it properly to the last 'click'. It doesn't screw on like most filters, more of a bayonet type of fitting
It was the Ducato. Renowed for failing. I can vouch for it being done correctly because I watched a Youtube video :) (and actually built it according to the official instructions down to using a Torque Wrench to get it to the right tightness - not too little, not too much.

AA man saw the leaking (actually spurting madly), took it apart and could find no problem, put it together and it was fine all all the way home. I am suspecting the seal has a weak bit that gave under pressure?

Continued sorting new outdoor cooking area. Not convinced Admin would approve of the setup. But if pushed, I’ll cook him a burger.
Made the bed ready for Leicester, all this with a dodgy disk.
I’d sat awkwardly before leaving the New Forest, and twisted my back. After two days of pain, I wimped out and saw a Pysilopherapist . A load of pushing , shoving, manipulating ( I enjoyed that bit ) and £55 later, the pain was reduced to an ache.
So if I’m even more slow and ponderous at St Jimmies, than usual, take a little pity on me.

Continued sorting new outdoor cooking area. Not convinced Admin would approve of the setup. But if pushed, I’ll cook him a burger.
Made the bed ready for Leicester, all this with a dodgy disk.
I’d sat awkwardly before leaving the New Forest, and twisted my back. After two days of pain, I wimped out and saw a Pysilopherapist . A load of pushing , shoving, manipulating ( I enjoyed that bit ) and £55 later, the pain was reduced to an ache.
So if I’m even more slow and ponderous at St Jimmies, than usual, take a little pity on me.
If you want a cheaper, quicker and at least as efffective alternative, buy the 'Treat Your Own Back' book by Robin McKenzie, a NZ Physio who developed the exercises to help sheep farmers who might be hundreds of miles from a doctor. The key to rapid recovery and reduced pain, is to lie face down, palms uppermost as soon as it is safe to do so, to take the stress off the lower back. Then start with 10 'Press Ups' for 10 seconds each, if you can manage this. They're not true Press Ups, because you leave your hips in contact with the floor, to arch your back. Your legs should also off centre [think of a chicane from upper body through hips to lower leg] in the direction of the side that is injured. Repeat every 2 hours, and on alternate hours, lean your shoulder into a doorway with the bad side of the back closest to the doorframe at about 45 degrees. Push your hip as close to the doorframe as you can manage to help realign the damaged lower back disk, and to reduce the swelling on the sciatic nerve. After -4 days the sciatic pain should be reduced and retreating to the north [in the direction of your head]. Also, whenever the back stiffens up again, lean back [arched back, ]tilting your head back as far as possible, looking at the underside of the door frame with your arms extended to try to reach as high up the door as possible - 10 reps. Lastly, try not to sit in one position for any length of time, just keep moving, flexing and pushing the exercises to try to increase the reach compared with the previous effort. It's knackering, and sore, but brilliantly effective, especially if you know that, as soon as you experience that first twinge next time, lie on the floor and relax the lower back - pure bliss!

Steve

If you want a cheaper, quicker and at least as efffective alternative, buy the 'Treat Your Own Back' book by Robin McKenzie, a NZ Physio who developed the exercises to help sheep farmers who might be hundreds of miles from a doctor. The key to rapid recovery and reduced pain, is to lie face down, palms uppermost as soon as it is safe to do so, to take the stress off the lower back. Then start with 10 'Press Ups' for 10 seconds each, if you can manage this. They're not true Press Ups, because you leave your hips in contact with the floor, to arch your back. Your legs should also off centre [think of a chicane from upper body through hips to lower leg] in the direction of the side that is injured. Repeat every 2 hours, and on alternate hours, lean your shoulder into a doorway with the bad side of the back closest to the doorframe at about 45 degrees. Push your hip as close to the doorframe as you can manage to help realign the damaged lower back disk, and to reduce the swelling on the sciatic nerve. After -4 days the sciatic pain should be reduced and retreating to the north [in the direction of your head]. Also, whenever the back stiffens up again, lean back [arched back, ]tilting your head back as far as possible, looking at the underside of the door frame with your arms extended to try to reach as high up the door as possible - 10 reps. Lastly, try not to sit in one position for any length of time, just keep moving, flexing and pushing the exercises to try to increase the reach compared with the previous effort. It's knackering, and sore, but brilliantly effective, especially if you know that, as soon as you experience that first twinge next time, lie on the floor and relax the lower back - pure bliss!

Steve
NZ sheep farmers don’t look as attractive as the pysio who manipulated me.
Although I bet they have a favourite 🤩

Edit. I’ll try this Steve, if it happens again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Having replaced 2 X 110 LA batteries with home built 340ah lipo4 today moved inverter from under passenger seat to along side battery under drivers seat.leaving under passenger seat ready wired and space for another lithium if reqdJust had a week off grid new 240v fridge with new dedicated 600w inverter performed without fault ,large compressor cool box stayed at -18 solar(640w) and new lithium also 10/10.
Off down to Portsmouth tomorrow to collect a Qpod !(Laughter from those that know what it is, permitted)

Sent 'Baxter' to the campervan hospital for a new power steering pump this morning.
That is one noise got rid of.
Now what to do with the grandsons noise on next weeks Lake District trip?

Dave ( ten thousand sunsets ) removed an Heki skylight/vent from his new van to fix a maxifan, I bought the unit of him at the jimmies last week and thought I’d have a look at it this afternoon perfect fit and of course so warm the mastic lifted easily!, little over an hour job done & dusted fitted the vents sideways to make it easier when half & half , the old vent had 3 3” cracks around the catch and the seal was paper towel where the rubber had gone so only job remains clean up stain on roof fabric IMG_2408.jpegIMG_2413.jpegIMG_2411.jpegIMG_2412.jpeg

Last edited:
Went over all my batteries, then sealed a windshild rubber leak with capt tollys leaksealer, next job is to find why my loo has stopped the electric flush.

Washed the Van, then dismantled the Belly Locker handle to lubricate it and adjust the lock. Today packing the Van and filled up with diesel at Morrisons, ready for tomorrow's departure for Newhaven. Mild panic this morning when DFDS sent the 'welcome aboard' email and invited me to complete the API [tought I had already done so]. When I went to check, using the DFDS Link, 'You do not have any bookings' reply receivedn both the DFDS email and the DFDS email. Emailed DFDS who have promised to reply within 5 working days [today is 12th and we sail on 14th ...], but I could find my booking details from the original email confirmation in mid-July. No response from DFDS, but checked the App over lunch and my booking has reappeared. App Designers are past it 13 years old. DFDS should employ 7 year olds to do the coding ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

last couple of times out have noticed brakes grinding so tried to book in to my usual garage before we leave for spain at the end of the month no chance this month reply , tried a commercial garage i’ve used before nothing till after bank holiday , in desperation on friday tried tyre shop that also does brakes suspension etc went in van so they could see size come back monday they said , so rolled up appointed time after ten minutes got to jack it up on the ramps ? will block four bays take it to melton , chunter chunter , back home took wheel off to have a look 🤔( jeff gave lee instructions on the beach at monte gordo ) on changing pads so got brave stripped it down wheel stuck tight got it off eventually pads down to metal took them down to local motor factor result set in stock £42 inc vat ! even better i’d got 2 x £20 out fishing for change give us £40 he said all fitted now feeling very pleased with myself

last couple of times out have noticed brakes grinding so tried to book in to my usual garage before we leave for spain at the end of the month no chance this month reply , tried a commercial garage i’ve used before nothing till after bank holiday , in desperation on friday tried tyre shop that also does brakes suspension etc went in van so they could see size come back monday they said , so rolled up appointed time after ten minutes got to jack it up on the ramps ? will block four bays take it to melton , chunter chunter , back home took wheel off to have a look 🤔( jeff gave lee instructions on the beach at monte gordo ) on changing pads so got brave stripped it down wheel stuck tight got it off eventually pads down to metal took them down to local motor factor result set in stock £42 inc vat ! even better i’d got 2 x £20 out fishing for change give us £40 he said all fitted now feeling very pleased with myself
Did you clean the area where the pad lug fits into the caliper? A wee rub with a file works.

Back