What did you do to your van today?

david i bought a pair of those steps off tim who had bought them and then got the lighter aluminium set so passed the others to me these are the kampa steel ones wully borrowed them at new year last year because he was up on the levelling system he then decided to move and lowered the suspension and the steps supported the whole 5 ton van

That's exactly what we do, David. The difference between the bikes from a single step of 19cm and the new step of 65cm is chalk and cheese, and it's also considerably easier to hook the Bike Cover on and off!

Steve And Elaine sewed a cheapo Lidl blanket together to make a cover for the steps, so that any dust or muck that is picked up using the steps for the bikes, does not get spread over the bed when the Steps are stowed on the bed for travelling
I have a lot of big long cardboard boxes from Solar Panel purchases that I have kept. Converted one of them - which is an identical width to the step - to make a storage box that the step slides into which should work well. :)

david i bought a pair of those steps off tim who had bought them and then got the lighter aluminium set so passed the others to me these are the kampa steel ones wully borrowed them at new year last year because he was up on the levelling system he then decided to move and lowered the suspension and the steps supported the whole 5 ton van
that is some weight! Not something I will be trying but good to know they are up to the task (y)

Doing a few tweaks to the Motorhome experience ... not so much DOING actual things to the van, but more changing how I am using it ...

Thought the Microwave was broken when I tried to use it at Druridge so ordered a replacement from Amazon. Turned out the Microwave was fine but the supply had no Neutral supply (which my NCV tester would not pick up on and I thought the supply was good all the way into the oven - lesson learned there!).
But new Microwave has 'flatplate technology' - which means no annoying turntable to deal with (y) - and a grill, which I think will be handy to be able to do things like heat pasties and also crisp them up a little. New one was 1cm wider which meant had to modify the Tambour doors and rails in order to allow them to open wider to slot it in, but fingers crossed was worth it :)
Also, despite old and new both being 800W Microwaves, the old one drew 1170W in use and the new one draws 1050W, so actually seems quite a bit more efficient for some reason.
Do you have a link to the microwave @wildebus ?

Do you have a link to the microwave @wildebus ?
It is on this link - https://amzn.to/4dqfo21

Couple of comments ....
There is a Digital Solo - MW only, and a Digital Grill - MW + Grill. For some odd reason, the one with the grill is notably cheaper than the MW only one?
Check out the Amazon Warehouse to save money. I got mine £10 cheaper but right now there is one listed for £76 which looks a great deal (wasn't there when I bought mine).

(FWIW, whenever I have bought Warehouse stuff it has been virtually indistinquisable from new except for the packaging. If it arrives and you think it is not good enough you still have full free refund option).

The door mirrors, especially the offside, have become quite slack, and the latter folded back on the M6 South [2nd time it's happened]. There is no obvious adjustment, but I prised off, gently, the plastic 'lid' on the underside of the lower arm [where the temperature sensor protrudes] and managed to tighten the 2 tiny grub screws a little. The outside screw, which gets the worst of the weather, was rusted and there is little life left in it after I nipped it up, but I managed to get the inner screw tightened enough to feel resistance rather than the 'flapping in the breeze' slackness.

The longer term solution is to get a complete replacement mirror [M/Home is over 8 years old, and was left unused for a while before we bought it 3 years ago], but, if it will get me home this trip, I'll be happy

Steve

It is on this link - https://amzn.to/4dqfo21

Couple of comments ....
There is a Digital Solo - MW only, and a Digital Grill - MW + Grill. For some odd reason, the one with the grill is notably cheaper than the MW only one?
Check out the Amazon Warehouse to save money. I got mine £10 cheaper but right now there is one listed for £76 which looks a great deal (wasn't there when I bought mine).

(FWIW, whenever I have bought Warehouse stuff it has been virtually indistinquisable from new except for the packaging. If it arrives and you think it is not good enough you still have full free refund option).
I just bought one from Amazon Warehouse for £74.20 so thank you for the link

I fitted a seal around the kitchen basin a while ago and it looked like it had been done a few times before, we're off this weekend and I'd already pulled it out and received a new un so I set about fitting it on Monday, I got some sealant remover stuff, and let it get on with it, yesterday was a total bust so I got back in the van to day, I fitted it and I was less than happy with it as the sink wasn't central in the hole so I took it fully out and cleaned all the old silicone crap out.

I tried to centralise the sink properly but it's a bit warped and there are loads of screw holes making it difficult to do, at this point Liz came in with some gear for the trip asked what I was doing, I showed her the problem and she said "can you just use the seal itself to centralise it for you and screw it down after it's set"

So I did and it did and I will.

jeff & i on an a lovely aire in france stripped down my rear light cluster and remade the joints because of a faulty earth , came of the ferry sat night & suddenly my right turn indicator was twice as fast as the left turn bulb good so left it till parked up today and cleaned all the connectors now fine

Threw away 5 x 907 empty Camping Gaz bottles, 1 x 4kg Calor Gas Bottle [1/2 full] and 1 x 11kg CEPSA Spanish Bottle [Full], all from the Folding Caravan/Touring Caravan days 2018 onwards. Refillables in the M/Home, and no space/payload to carry them back to Scotland [plus prohibition on carrying gas on Ferries]. Shame, but one of several batches of kit that will be binned or given away as the house emptying enters its final phase [3 dehumidifiers, 1 compressor, and 1 compressed air stapler given away on Saturday]

Steve

Threw away 5 x 907 empty Camping Gaz bottles, 1 x 4kg Calor Gas Bottle [1/2 full] and 1 x 11kg CEPSA Spanish Bottle [Full], all from the Folding Caravan/Touring Caravan days 2018 onwards. Refillables in the M/Home, and no space/payload to carry them back to Scotland [plus prohibition on carrying gas on Ferries]. Shame, but one of several batches of kit that will be binned or given away as the house emptying enters its final phase [3 dehumidifiers, 1 compressor, and 1 compressed air stapler given away on Saturday]

Steve
Any 50 pound notes or gold going for nout. 😂

Yesterday I fitted four chrome 12 volt as replacement spotlights

These have no on or off switch and are touch lights

Touch one keep holding it and it’s a bright spot light keep holding it and the light dulls .
Touch again and the lights go off .

Touch it again and the lights come back on at the setting last used ..

Now on with fitting a new soundbar to the tv.

Filled the floorspacve with yet more redundant kit in preparation for the house sale in France; then visited the Bank to sort out the repatriation of the proceeds to UK; then to the Notaire to find the office and hand in Bank details, shopping at Lidl, visit to Dechetterie to dump the redundant kit, and check at Super U La Chataigneraie on M/Home Parking. 7 Bays, with Fresh water [2€ for 100L OR 1 hour electric, grey and black water disposal and 15m from the giant washing machines, so if we have to hang around homeless after the sale, we shouldn't be waiting with our legs crossed ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Back