What did you do to your van today?

Damn, you have used 200a just keeping starter battery topped up in 3 weeks?

I just let mine go flat if no solar, connect one of the IP22 chargers from leisure battery for 15 minutes and I am away. Before that I would do the same but using genny
We have been rather preoccupied with trying to stop the antisocial behaviour neighbours from wreaking even more damage to our property [Reported to Social Work Department and Police today], and trying to find a new property, to really notice the weakness of the solar harvest in the last 3+weeks, Neil. We'll take the M/Home for a run tomorrow after viewing another property, and will make future trips about every 10-14 days to prevent such a deep level of discharge

The previous leisure battery ['LB'] was only 120Ah, so the equivalent deep discharge could be recouped within a day's mains charge! The Yuasa vehicle battery ['VB'] will be 3 years old at the end of November 2021 [the expiry of the guarantee], and I posted a couple of weeks ago that the VB would probably be replaced around this time before I started to get problems as a sensible planned maintenance move! The parasitic drain is not *too* bad, but 3 weeks of 'drip, drip' drainage via door locking, and other bits and pieces has obviously taken its toll. Either that, or last year, with the VB being 12 months younger and, IIRC, the daily solar being better meant that the LB was not working as hard!

Steve

Yesterday, I drove the van without using the clutch! We were returning the van to the storage pound after an excellent Bluegrass picking weekend. With a few miles to go, I stopped at a passing place to let someone from the opposite direction through. Drove off again: 1st gear; 2nd gear; foot on clutch and suddenly the pedal loses all resistance, my foot goes to the floor and I can no longer disengage the clutch :eek:
So I carried on in second gear. Thankfully the garage we use to service the van is only three miles beyond the storage pound, so we quickly phone them and make sure it's OK to take the van there. It is, so I stop at the first downward hill past the pound for Jan to get out of the van and go get the car and continue in a mix of first and second gear to the garage.
Turns out that the pedal has snapped and that it's only a piece of plastic. The garage quickly check and the Fiat part is no longer available -- but the Peugeot and Citroen ones are and so we're praying one of those will fit. I guess that next weekend's planned trip might be off :(

Yesterday, I drove the van without using the clutch! We were returning the van to the storage pound after an excellent Bluegrass picking weekend. With a few miles to go, I stopped at a passing place to let someone from the opposite direction through. Drove off again: 1st gear; 2nd gear; foot on clutch and suddenly the pedal loses all resistance, my foot goes to the floor and I can no longer disengage the clutch :eek:
So I carried on in second gear. Thankfully the garage we use to service the van is only three miles beyond the storage pound, so we quickly phone them and make sure it's OK to take the van there. It is, so I stop at the first downward hill past the pound for Jan to get out of the van and go get the car and continue in a mix of first and second gear to the garage.
Turns out that the pedal has snapped and that it's only a piece of plastic. The garage quickly check and the Fiat part is no longer available -- but the Peugeot and Citroen ones are and so we're praying one of those will fit. I guess that next weekend's planned trip might be off :(
Hope you get it sorted in time. Just a thought... Is the brake pedal made of the same stuff?

I washed the van! Yep, I took the bull by the horns and cleaned it off with a bit of elbow grease. I cleaned all of the solar panels (all? I mean both!) Managed to get to the skylights now I have a tower to stand on and then went inside to clean the inside of said skylights. And bum dicky wee wee if I didn't break the one over the kitchen area. The plastic of the locking part was brittle and being ham fisted, I broke it! (no wonder she won't let me near her, she is old and maybe brittle too...) We are away tomorrow, so I will just secure it for now and when we get back, take a look at replacing it. I am thinking of the Maxxair, but not sure how I can get power to it.

Hope you get it sorted in time. Just a thought... Is the brake pedal made of the same stuff?
My thoughts also! TBH, dunno as the van is still at the garage. Just got a call to say the pedal they ordered was the wrong item and they've ordered another (which hopefully will fit!) Anyway, if that brake pedal is plastic, I'll see if a new one can be supplied and fitted to be on the safe side!

I washed the van! Yep, I took the bull by the horns and cleaned it off with a bit of elbow grease. I cleaned all of the solar panels (all? I mean both!) Managed to get to the skylights now I have a tower to stand on and then went inside to clean the inside of said skylights. And bum dicky wee wee if I didn't break the one over the kitchen area. The plastic of the locking part was brittle and being ham fisted, I broke it! (no wonder she won't let me near her, she is old and maybe brittle too...) We are away tomorrow, so I will just secure it for now and when we get back, take a look at replacing it. I am thinking of the Maxxair, but not sure how I can get power to it.
Our bathroom vent wasn't used much before we bought the M/Home, but the wee lip where the vent cover latches onto lost its grip and kept swinging open/down so that I headed it every time I went into the bathroom. Instant fix with 3 dabs of Blu Tak - one on each corner and one onto the latch 'lip'. That was over 2 years ago, and it's now time to renew the Blu Tak, because the 'dab' reduces very slightly each time the vent is opened or closed ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Our bathroom vent wasn't used much before we bought the M/Home, but the wee lip where the vent cover latches onto lost its grip and kept swinging open/down so that I headed it every time I went into the bathroom. Instant fix with 3 dabs of Blu Tak - one on each corner and one onto the latch 'lip'. That was over 2 years ago, and it's now time to renew the Blu Tak, because the 'dab' reduces very slightly each time the vent is opened or closed ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve
So you’ve become a
“Dab” hand then?

Trying to keep on top of maintenance, and we need winter tyres for Bavaria Austria and Italy

Was a crying shame to leave them at the garage with only 19000 miles on but nobody wanted them free of charge

Todays job ! Lots of measuring, ordered a new cupboard door and hinges, for under the fridge , the cupboard is 420 wide but with globecar using the side walls to support the fridge weight they narrow the opening down to 270 so next weekend gonna make some brackets to support the fridge shelf then im gonna cut away the 150 to make the opening the same size as the cupboard, then the next job is fit some sliding steel baskets in the cupboard as my shoulders dont fit between the shower door and the oven 🤪

Back