What did you do to your van today?

I put a second 'keep' on the bottom of the hab door to supplement the top one.
Should hold it open against really strong gusts of wind.

Placed strips of grease proof paper between the rubber seals and seating of all the roof vents.
The rubber sticks to the Perspex and pulls from its channel despite frequent treatment with ptfe spray and silicone spray.
Hopefully this will save a bit of grief. Still need to open the various side windows and keep them in easy opening order.

Davy

Looks very good and very robust.
I'd be interested how much extra you get with the lift on just part of the array (I tried a short experiment on mine - doing 100W out of the 400W and it didn't seem to make a difference?)
Just done a quick test.
8.15am sun about 30⁰ elevation, all panels down, put a bit of load on batteries, 7amps give or take.
Elevate 200watts of panels up 300watts down, just over 11amps. That's about an extra 60%.
I call that a result ☀️👍 obviously different conditions will give different results but I'm happy 😎
Second test of the day.
10.15 am sun ☀️ about 45⁰ elevation now.
Panels down 19.5amps , panels up 25.5amps.
30% increase.
I'm happy I went to the trouble 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve tried to replace our window blind! So tricky to finish off...
We took the rear door panel to the dealer a few weeks ago (CV-3wks), after ordering a replacement blind/fly-screen at their parts desk, but when it arrived 2 weeks later it was found by them to be too large. By this time CV had closed up the premises, so I started looking on eBay for something suitable, and found one off a caravan breakers firm for £15 + £10 postage, and ordered it.
it arrived several days ago, and soon we realised it was a different fit to the original; it was meant to fit direct to the rear door (Fiat Ducato), rather than the panel which would now have to surround the recessed blind instead. (Following?)
So we enlarged the hole in the panel and stuck back the carpet material to look nice, but now comes the tricky bit - drilling a hole into the recessed door which is covered with insulation and more carpet, making it all very spongy.
There are two screws each side at the top, and the screws need to be fitted, first thru the thin fragile little plastic tab holes very precisely with millimetres accuracy. And there is a fragile tab at the bottom of each side frame too. They are so risky I daren’t attempt it! A screw would need to be drilled into place in the door skin, and then removed before placing the blind frame in place and then re-screwing the screw gently till it touches the plastic hole surround on the frame. Not too tight to crush the plastic surround!
if a error is made, the whole thing is ruined. I really need someone with experience to do this for me. Sadly the dealer is the only option, and they’d need the van and door panel and blind frame on site. Not a job I can do today after all!

03D096CC-864C-4032-B03A-A93A5422FA49.jpeg

Is it possible to fix some wood mounts the door frame and then screw the blind onto them or is nothing hidden?

Started using it as a greenhouse for seeds.

It's sad but you know it makes sense.
I hope all is well with you and you're getting the glorious weather we are having, it makes being at home a little easier.

It's sad but you know it makes sense.
I hope all is well with you and you're getting the glorious weather we are having, it makes being at home a little easier.
All well thanks Lee. Hope you and Linda are doing well too. It will be two weeks tomorrow since I got back from Portugal. Shame we all had to come back, apart from Trotter! The weather has been great and the garden is getting more attention than it has had for years.

Well I just went for a wee drive in mine :p (and it's SORNed :eek:)

out the driveway onto the carpark (not sure if it is an 'adopted' car park or not. if so, no tax!!). then "rotated" the vehicle (F1 term for turning - weird) and reversed back into the driveway so I can use the awning in privacy later on in the week/next week.

Well, I did say it was a WEE drive.

Well I just went for a wee drive in mine :p (and it's SORNed :eek:)

out the driveway onto the carpark (not sure if it is an 'adopted' car park or not. if so, no tax!!). then "rotated" the vehicle (F1 term for turning - weird) and reversed back into the driveway so I can use the awning in privacy later on in the week/next week.

Well, I did say it was a WEE drive.

Good to be travelling again :LOL:

Having visited France for about 10 years now and having failed my O level French (twice) in 1970, I sit in the van each afternoon with a cup of tea. What am I doing? Learning French again using the Duolingo app which someone on a forum recently recommended.
A bit of a contradiction since this is the year we are unlikely to get there. I have already cancelled our 7 week May/June trip and am doubtful about the September trip.
Still not to worry, by the time we get there I will have forgotten it all again thanks to the senior moments. As a wise old man once said, “I don’t mind the senior moments, but when they are all joined up".........

Davy

Back