What did you do to your van today?

Fergie1061

Stripped out the old alarm! Shocked bare wires all over the place serious fire hazard😵 sorted two steps, with fibreglass and padding, sprayed them ready for top coat. Took drawer door of back did same. Resprayed front fibreglass bumper, welded old metal bumper and resprayed refitted. Fitted two spots / fog lamps ( wiring today! Maybe!!) All in last few days, still got warning buzzer for lights, filter box to refit and associated pipes to refit. Battery clamp to repair / make / refit. Tape up and prep for painting skirts and all black plastic. Lino to fit in van. Etc etc etc all go!! Sooner this lockdown over the better I'll be getting a bad name all this work glad I'm no married I'd be in hiding anyway!! 😂😂😂

Rec

Took it for a shopping trip to nearest town, also did laundry, filled up with fuel and got petrol for the strimmer / chainsaw...Good old Intermarche! First trip anywhere for ten days...got quite excited! Now wiping everything down.

Markd

Refixed my one-step following a long standing fracture of the mounting flange exacerbated by impact with a big traffic cone a couple of weeks ago.
Now all running smoothly and really solid with all the flex that its had since I bought the van a few years ago.
Took a while to twig that the activating arms had sleeves through them and the step as well as screws.

Reactions: 2cv

Trigger

I fitted a new habitation water pump, works a treat, much more water pressure now, easy to fit but I had to adapt the wiring connections, Fiamma pump from E Bay seller new, great service.

• Well Done
Reactions: 2cv