What did you do to your van today?

Tony, I think the main reason for the change is, if wilding and awning is out
You are classed as camping but if the poles are in the side fittings your not when it was explained to me it sounded reasonable

Placed strips of grease proof paper between the rubber seals and seating of all the roof vents.
The rubber sticks to the Perspex and pulls from its channel despite frequent treatment with ptfe spray and silicone spray.
Hopefully this will save a bit of grief. Still need to open the various side windows and keep them in easy opening order.

Davy
Vasoline works,i used to do this in winter to car door seals.

Ordered a CBE CSB2 battery master which should be delivered next week. Meanwhile, I installed all the wiring and fuses ready for its arrival.

• Well Done
Reactions: 2cv
My van is reasonably clean, so gradually over the last two weeks I’ve got my daily user (in better times) Qashqai back to gleaming. Plenty more for the prolonged lock down, a little dusting of the Xantia and 2cv then I’ll give the van another wash and wax it.
I’ll try and persuade Susie onto the roof as I just can’t quite make it there these days.
If we’re still locked down after all that I’ll polish up my 400/4. So plenty of brief vehicle entertainment to last at least another 6 weeks.

Well today I finished off filling a hole in the side caused by a rampant orange tree, removed the cover over the injectors to find the source of the diesel leak, I did and I can't fix it----------bother !!!! Took the car for its MoT test--it passed (only done 4000 miles since the last test). Anyway, seeing as how we had been in quarantine for a couple of weeks since our forced exit from Portugal my carer ( keeper of the imperial diaries, financier, head of planning, oh yes, Sue my dear lady wife) suggested that I pop into Aldi on the way back home---------she gave me a list----------------So 2.1/2 hours later and £77+ lighter I returned to La Casa Pero-------------I'd missed the yogurts----I'm a bloke for goodness sake----anyway
Je suis knackered
Estoy hecho polvo
or even
eu estou exausto

Last edited:
Bought both the tap and pump off eBay think tap was around £8 .High pressure pump about the same.(swopped the spring in the pump switch for a lighter one as I didn't need 80+ psi !

They were discoulered in the middle from washing over the years .i bought them from brownhills when I got the van cause it annoyed me every time I looked at it done the old B544 as well ,dropped them in hot water to enable a easier install but it has made a huge difference in appearance now
I over judged what I required so it was not short and I’m happy as I’ve only about a metre left which is nought in my book

Back