What did you do to your van today?

While I’m waiting for the second strap to arrive I thought I’d install the new neoprene seal between the front nearside wheel arch and body, once I got the hang of it a doddle, only 3 left to do now 😩 the old strip had become dry and brittle, looks good now though 😉 piccies to follow

Reactions: 2cv
Just put water in it and decamped from the house for the night. Not as scenic from our garden as some, but a nice change anyway.

Our moho is a 2001 Mercedes Hymer, it appears to be a fairly common problem for the "window straps" to crack on the lower corners (as in piccy 1 & 2) the reason being (I think the problem is the UV) as all my windows have suffered the same fate, we have a permanent rear bed so those 2 side windows do not get opened (the rear window does)
Ours is slightly older, and hasn't had this problem - yet!
While I'm on the window subject, does anyone know how to get the WINDOW off the frame to repair the cracks you will see in the piccies ?, I don't wish to take the frame out just the window off the frame.
Should be easy. Just unscrew the stays, then open the window and lift it a little above 90 degrees open and it should just lift off.

Ours is slightly older, and hasn't had this problem - yet!
Should be easy. Just unscrew the stays, then open the window and lift it a little above 90 degrees open and it should just lift off.

Cheers in h, I must admit I did think that would do it, but a second opinion is always advisable, didn’t want the window to just fall out .

If your Hymer is the older version (like an old brownie, no dis-respect) you’ve possibly got three window handles, I’ve only got the one handle to each window, seems like a clever system, there are some things that I would put down to previous owners, but I fail to see how any owner could make this happen intentionally?

Last edited:
Cheers in h, I must admit I did think that would do it, but second opinion is always advisable, didn’t want the window to just fall out .

If your Hymer is the older version (like an old brownie, no dis-respect) you’ve possibly got three window handles, I’ve only got the one per window.
No, mine was built late 1998 or early 1999 and is the same as yours, with the band sliding round the window, controlled by one handle. Rather too easy to break the locking button on the handle.

No, mine was built late 1998 or early 1999 and is the same as yours, with the band sliding round the window, controlled by one handle. Rather too easy to break the locking button on the handle.

A couple of things,

first REMEMBER TO PUSH THE BUTTON IN, Open or close

From the northern company, (who shall remain nameless) the kitchen window was £55.00, and the dining window was £58.00 😩 if you EVER have to change the straps YOU HAVE TO HAMMER THE WINDOW CATCHES ONTO THE STRAP, if your not careful they break !!

Last edited:
Alarming bloodstain on the bench, just under the knives?
Mahogany woodstain mate, same as everything I touch! Always getting told off for it, I love dark red mahogany & stain everything I make with it, much to the chagrin of my long suffering OH who is not a fan....😉

I done the the pressure and blew the frgn compressor up,cleaned the waste tank and sink to tank pipes,then put in some tank fresh.
went to buff up the sink and hob but auto sold if knackered sat too long and went off
next job fit new led bulbs into toilet .

As part of my daily exercise cycled to the motorhome storage and topped my leisure battery up. Needed a fair amount too following 3 months in Spain, probable added around a 100ml of water.
May have to adjust my Victron solar profile, its clearly over charging during normal use. Its currently on a storage profile which has a max of 13.4v on float

May have to adjust my Victron solar profile, its clearly over charging during normal use. Its currently on a storage profile which has a max of 13.4v on float
I read somewhere that new controllers are being programmed to supply a float charge of around 13.2 v. I’ve set mine to that now, it was set to 13.7v. With all the sunshine we get here, I don’t want to damage the batteries during our enforced staying at home.

Back