What did you do to your van today?

Didnt actually do anything to the van, but did something for the van. Bought a few Stihl tree cutting/pruning tools.
Next door have a tree that hangsover the drive where I have just recently moved the van into, on other side of house to where it was parked.
Van is always immaculate, however the usual problem from being parked under a tree have arose!.
Earlier in week I bitumen painted the concrete drive and now looks like a newly laid Tar driveway.
So tomorrow, a quick shimmy up the tree, fire up the Stihl pruner, and the `TREE` gets it. (with permission on neighbour of course.)

I checked the tyre pressures and inflated one to the correct value as Nicola may allow us to travel 5 miles later this week.

That's the old girl with her new coat(s) on!! Finished painting this afternoon (Tuesday) Cannae sleep now!! Probably fumed out high as a kite.!!
Will try to get some pics on off before and after. Just got the wee clean up jobs to do now the old masking tape leakage / fails! But very pleased with the end result. Used Rustoleum combicolour all in one. Tried rollers to start with, but with the dimpled effect on the Talbot coachwork, it's a no from me.
Ended up spraying her, using a small cheap airless sprayer of Amazon at £40 a bargain, and does / did a great job easy to use and clean.
Biggest and worst part is prep work, although you can just spray on it still needs cleaning, drying, taping and vovering. I found the surface film from Screwfix a great help, sticks to windows and any plastic surfaces you don't want to paint over and leaves no residue on removal. Also the plastic sheet rolls with edging tape already on them are a godsend. A roll of moral plastic takes care of wheels bonnet etc and the ground of you need to.
In all spraying took about an hour for each half. But it's the prep that takes the time.
I've got stripes and a new base strip to add, as well as new mirrors, rest door handle, warning triangles, stripes and boards to attach. As well as all the clean up / touch up boys I'm sure I will find.
But as they say I'm doing nowt else and goin naewhere either! So a great chance to brighten her up.

Here's the before and after pics. First three now, last one before. As I say I'm no pro, just a tidy / freshen up but we'll chuffed with it.IMG_20200527_090252725.jpgIMG_20200527_090314225.jpgIMG_20200527_090302664_HDR.jpgIMG_20191023_094153749.jpgIMG_20191101_145118133.jpg

Discovered Silky Restore recently, and spent yesterday tarting the old girl up. It’s an extremely fine rubbing compound, aimed at the caravan/Motorhome market for deoxidising jaded paintwork and I can honestly say I’m very pleased with the ease of application and the result. A little goes a long way.
Probably going to take three or four days to do the whole van, but my diary is fairly empty at the moment, and the final result will be worth the effort.

Hi Roamin. Yeah it`s a great little product. I always used it on Motorbike plastics. Needs a bit of elbow grease but better that than taking the top coat off on first use.

Discovered Silky Restore recently, and spent yesterday tarting the old girl up. It’s an extremely fine rubbing compound, aimed at the caravan/Motorhome market for deoxidising jaded paintwork and I can honestly say I’m very pleased with the ease of application and the result. A little goes a long way.
Probably going to take three or four days to do the whole van, but my diary is fairly empty at the moment, and the final result will be worth the effort.
Rog,once this travel ban is lifted just you Chris n van head to West Lothian and you can do my van ! Damn decent of you😜

Oh no steve ! You ok ?
Yer fit as fiddle apart from a cough and rash, both side effects from drugs. Heart team have changed the drug in question to hopefully sort that out.Tax due end of May and it looks like we won’t get the ok to head out until July so might as well save a months tax.
if the dealer manages to fit me in for hab service / warranty repair June I will tax it but not looking likely as they are doing vehicles that were due for service in order ie. March, April, May June etc Which is fair enough.

Fitted onboard water tank to supplement the 2 ,25 Ltr cans in the back added extra water pump and inline taps and switches so I can draw from
tank or cans .Took a bit of finding a suitable tank...as I did not want the weight at the back could not get one anywhere underneath wanted weight opposite fuel tank so decided to sacrifice under seat box behind drivers seat found a tank that is around 15mm shorter,narrower and lower than the box so no wasted space

Back