What did you do to your van today?

Not done yet, but planned for today...I noticed the Dometic reversing camera has condensation inside...again.
So it’s coming apart again to see if I can get rid of it once and for all.
Then, I might give the van a wash, the roof seems to be covered in something like fine sand, then a little drive out to polish the rust off the discs....

The right angle drill chuck came late yesterday. There maybe two or three USB/cigarette sockets going in today.
I’m also waiting for the weather to cool down a bit, only for a day or so, then I could put the second solar panel on. I know I’ve mentioned it before, hot tin roof before syndrome 🥵😳😎

To Edina,
The panel is still safely in the attic. MC4 spanners, aluminium for the panel lift, second set of feet, all ready to go. Now the right angle drill chuck, is here, for those awkward holes near the skylight . I’ve got no excuse.
None except the fear of a burnt bum.
Stay safe mate

More danger of you sliding off the roof, parked at that angle :D. Good luck with it.

Took the mattress’s, pillows, bedding, genny and petrol out so all ready for hab service and warranty repair at end of month.

Not today, but more or less finished my Cosmetic Van project for now.
Our 1st Moho was a Bailey Approach Autograph 750, 2014 reg, 1yr old.
We bought our current 2nd Moho, March 2019, Bailey Approach Advance 640, 66 reg with 2200 miles. Currently has 8500 miles.
Both were bought and sold privately.
We love this wee van, the layout, a bit shorter and narrower for taking to less accessable places we like to go, nice-n-fresh inside and simple with nothing to technical or Hi-Tech.
I just always thought the exterior looked a bit....White and a bit bland.
So i decided to do this. ( i will try and put pics on in sequence).
We have a drive either side of house and decided for various reasons to move MoHo to other side.
1. Took car port down.
2. Painted concrete drive with Wickes Tarmacadam and Concrete Driveway Seal, Black. (I put that drive in myself a few years ago).
3. Bought new Thetford Doors in Black prior to lockdown. Swapped around original locker door lock barrels and housings so still useing same original key for all lockers. By this time lockdown had kicked and my door infill panels never arrived. So I bought a new white 30mm UPVC door panel and cut my own infill panels. Exactly same and cheaper.
4. Plasticoted external Dometic Fridge vents (expensive to buy in Black), Whale Vent (dont come in Black), Thetford Toilet flush filler Cover (dont come in Black) with a final Acrylic Clear Silk sealer.
5. Applied Bailey decals (Prima Leisure) for other models in the Approach Advance and Approach Autograph ranges.
Decals I applied were to, The front n/s + o/s wing corners (They were bare), above Driver/passenger cab (again bare) and to the rear of n/s top fridge vent curving upward.
6. Removed original and fitted the new Black Thetford Doors, EHU and still to change over Black Fresh water filler neck at rear.
7. I have decals ordered same as `APPROACH ADVANCE` ones already factory fitted to front n/s + o/s hab of van , to be placed either side at rear of van, same level as bottom of rear windows, slightly raised higher than front ones.
They are stuck in transit with the current crisis.
8. Kind off out of cync now, but also fitted new Fiamma F45s canopy, Vision Plus Roof mounted TV Arial, additional 240v sockets in lounge areas and kitchen and additional Arial and Sat points to where I fitted TV mount bracket between lounge/kitchen. ( Have to admit a lot of this was done with the expert help of a mate of mine who works as a fitter for 1 of Scotlands largest Leisure Vehicle companies. HANDY!)
9. Fitted Bonnet Protector and adapted Fiamma Bike rack to carry soft luggage cargo bag as we are a bit restricted for storage so dont carry bikes. I used the standard Fiamma fitting brackets that come with the F45s canopy as you almost always have to additionally buy van specific fitting kit brackets.
10. I have decals cut for the doors and cab `B` Pillar Post lower recesses (normally fitted with plastic moulded trim) but not sure about them as yet.
Possibly alloys and although Remis Windscreen blinds are fitted, thinking of getting cab door ones, again only for cosmetic feel in the cab as the mouldings give a good finish. Still prefer my Polar Screen, Minster Products wrap round screen for preventing condensation though.
And finally a small win on the lottery.
It`s getting there! More than we are, cant get any place lol.
Hope you like, feel free with comments, good or bad, advise or just any thoughts.
Cheers. G 20200427_093952 (2).jpg20200513_195050.jpg20200520_084732.jpg20200520_084821.jpg20200313_134019.jpg20200606_184743.jpg20200606_184756.jpg20200606_184805.jpg20200512_195109.jpg20200606_184719.jpg20200606_145033.jpg20190710_123046 (2).jpg20190710_123118.jpg

Think it's excellent big change in the appearance, you should be delighted With the outcome ,well done
live a bonnet bug deflector and they make a huge difference imho
lke it a lot g

Bloody hell that's all very smart! Good job(s) all round!(y)

I only plan on plugging mine in next week :)

Graham

Think it's excellent big change in the appearance, you should be delighted With the outcome ,well done
live a bonnet bug deflector and they make a huge difference imho
lke it a lot g
Yeah the Bonnet protector works well. Meant to put the pic on with the Peugeot Lion decal fitted onto it. I usually take it off every now and again though just for cleaning the van bonnet and a polish up. Cheers, G

Back