What did you do to your van today?

Freezer is in, done ,tested and waiting for somewhere to go. Ice cream, mmmmmmmmm 🍦
Ice cream is great but Lin da likes gin and tonic, so I was wondering when you come to meets where we might be there you could bring ice fir her drink.
Thanks in anticipation.
Lee
🍸🍸🍡🍢

We cleaned out our secondary larder a while back - it is amazing what we packed in!
It does make going away much less stressful though as we don't have to worry about forgetting basics. Just have to transfer fridge stuff and a few frozen foods.

Ice cream is great but Lin da likes gin and tonic, so I was wondering when you come to meets where we might be there you could bring ice fir her drink.
Thanks in anticipation.
Lee
🍸🍸🍡🍢
The ice cream is all mine. All mine , I tell you. MINE!😡😡🤯
Pretty sure I can help with the ice😘

• Funny
Reactions: Lee
My car has black & silver wheels like the camper, but the car wheels some how looked smarter? Spotted the reason! The car has matt black bolts, so a can of matt black spray as made things the same and it looks better. Took just minutes.

I just took ours off SORN.

We are not planning any trips until at least September due to Mrs GMJ's shielding however next week I'll take it out for a run and fill her up....the first time I will be starting the engine since early March!

Wish me luck!

Graham

Reactions: 2cv
Just filled her up with water and put a few final things in freezer so all ready for the off to a farm CS site tomoss for a week or so.
The owner sent me a pdf file last night highlighting what precautions etc are in place and what visitors are expected to do regarding the virus, more or less the same as I’m adhering to at home and when I venture out.

Reactions: 2cv
Full service and habitation check to ensure warrantee continuity, plus some other bits.

Took a wheelbarrow full of cash to pay for it all.

Decided it was time to nail my colours to the mast. So in future when people see me coming, they know who to avoid. (y)

IMG_2651.JPG

Unsorned on Tuesday. Got it back from the garage after a major service last night. Don't know how expensive yet as he never has the bill ready for me. He knows I be round next week to pay.

Installed a MicTuning battery monitor and after a couple hours deciphering the translation reckoned that I've set it up for correct battery voltages to get a feel for battery capacity.
However it seems to be accurately displaying the consumption rate - which would wonderful it that's what I wanted!
What I want to see is the charge rate from the solar panel.
It can be hard wired to do one or the other and I'm convinced that I've done it the right way.
If it had been really sunny then could have convinced myself that the panel was delivering 100% instantaneous top up but it wasn't.
Does anyone have any experience of this battery monitor?
I expect I'll end up swapping the wires round but I suspect it won't make any difference.

There may be some that feel I should spring for a whistle and bells victory system but I haven't and knowledge of the charge rate and accumulated energy are not high enough on my agenda.
If I can't get it to work then I won't fix it to the wall and will write of the £15 I've spent so far 😀

Full service and habitation check to ensure warrantee continuity, plus some other bits.

Took a wheelbarrow full of cash to pay for it all.

Decided it was time to nail my colours to the mast. So in future when people see me coming, they know who to avoid. (y)

View attachment 55035
Know the feeling, just had my first hab and Fiat service carried out plus paid for 12 months road tax. At least my insurance isn’t due until October.

Checked all levels filled water tank ,cleaned cassette,emptied then loaded up the garage and filled with fresh provisions etc GIN ,BITTER LEMON MMMMMMMMM,!
started to wash the van but it rained ffs
will fill with fuel / gas etc tomorrow
also took off my winter silver screens and fitted the winter/summer screens for heading off

Been gradually getting ready for getting away for a few days now. Filled with water today and a bit of packing. Just a few things to go and we’ll be off, even looks like the weather should improve after tomorrow.

Back