What did you do to your van today?

Cleaned out the inside after my week in the lakes, now all ready for a 2 week trip up to the west coast of Scotland next weekend. Skye, Mellon Udrigle if it’s open and where ever else takes my fancy.
Intend fitting a circuit breaker I’ve had lying around for 3 weeks between solar panels and Victron controller tomoss.
I got round to fitting breaker this week too. Either do it at night or cover panel(s) before cutting into wire. It could be an enlightening experience🤪

Cleaned the solar panel and the part of the roof I could reach with the long brush from the ladder. 1001 on the carpet marked by thr garage mechanic and the caravan repair man. Bobby dazzled the front. Put some stuff in and switched the fridge on ready to go away on Tuesday.

Almost replaced the toilet bowl. The new one has been in a box for months, because it's such a swine of a job to replace. The old one had lost its surface smoothness, so was hard to keep clean, and replacements are really cheap.

All done, apart from the last bracket, which is always the hardest. Maybe I'll fit that tomorrow.

After that, it's replacing the igniter in the gas hob. Again, I've had the spare for ages.

Hi all. Well I have been waiting for this moment since December when for medical reasons my c1 was revoked. Well sat picked up 2015 Bailey autograph 730 drove it home. Well. Wait for it. We loaded it. Sat inside it. Looked at it. Sat inside it. What next. Will let you know later. Cheers brian

The second panel is on. Working well. Powers the new freezer brilliantly.
Big thank you to friends for fitting it for me. You know who you are.;)
Hasn't fallen off. Yet!

I thought I had sorted this out previously with some vunderbar German mastic sealer stuff on the basis it must be good as its German. Mein Got zer schtickenstuf nict zealt zer leak unt zer vatta schneeked in under zer roofinglighten unt dript onzer zeat!
So I bought some Sikaflex sealant, dug out zer kraut stuff and could see straight away where it was letting in. Everything cleaned up and new sealant squished in and hopefully thats it done for good now.
The problem is on a pvc the ribs on the roof act like mini reservoirs and hold water which does its damndest to get past the sealant.
Fingers crossed this time
K ;)

Took it to the local garage to get the brakes serviced - now waiting for that phone call to tell me how many parts it will need and how much it will cost!

Cleaned the roof of the van...parked under trees doesn't help it stay white! Fitted gutter above the sliding door to stop the rain pouring in when the door opens. £8 for ducting and sikoflex. Hoping it will work!
Cleaned floors and stocked ready for next trip ;)

Reactions: 2cv
Well i just drove mine to ballykelly and took some picys then on round antrim coast to take some more outside bally castle looking out to rathlin,then on round to a forest on road through the glens,stopped to ponder over grave of german hiker murdered 30 years back by some low life pig.sunday b.jpgsunday j.jpgsunday m.jpgsunday n.jpg

Back