What did you do to your van today?

I took the motorhome's printer out of the cupboard and tried to print something with it.
Huh! The black ink cartridge is gummed up. HP are sending new ink cartridges. I must remember to print at least one page each month in future to keep it working.
It was OK when we were away a lot, but lockdown has turned into gumup for the print heads.

Reactions: 2cv
Removed the fridge so that I could get to the underside of the hob.
Removed all three spade terminals for the flame sensors cleaned them with emery paper, replaced them and tested the burners.
Replaced the fridge and now the burners don't go out when trying tp light them.
Oh the wonders of motorhome design.

Removed the fridge so that I could get to the underside of the hob.
Removed all three spade terminals for the flame sensors cleaned them with emery paper, replaced them and tested the burners.
Replaced the fridge and now the burners don't go out when trying tp light them.
Oh the wonders of motorhome design.
Having replaced the hob on mine, I noticed that there is one significant design change over 21 years: there is now a separate earth lead to each of the flame sensors. You had to hold the gas knob down on the old ones for at least eight seconds (sometimes nine). With the new hob, one second is ample.

Reactions: Lee
Got home at flourish this afternoon 😀so I gave the van a wash as it's not been washed since we came home last weekend
good job I thought ! But it's psn doon now

• Well Done
Washed it again amazing how dirty it has got just sitting here since March doing nothing, flushed the water tank and system, put the bedding back in ready for Peterborough show next weekend

All that time it must've been PEN AND INKING
Emptied mine a couple of weeks ago before replacing the bowl. It had been standing about a quarter full since the middle of March. I thought it might pong a bit, but it wasn't bad at all. Then again, it had a sachet of Tesco's own brand bio washing liquid. That's really good. Less perfumed then the Lidl sort.

Cleaned out the inside after a week in the lakes, changed wiring on Leisure batteries so all ready for a 2 week venture up the west coast of Scotland in a week or so.

Yet another day of Anita rubbing Murky’s bum, it’s going to get a permanent smile soon ;)
Myself on the other hand was continuing with insulating Betty.

I have just replaced my worktop and table laminate still got a little bit to finish off, see the attached before and after. Great job.

Attachments

• motorhome 8.jpg
    motorhome 8.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 21
  • motorhome 10.jpg
    motorhome 10.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 21
  • New table top.jpg
    New table top.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 24
  • new worktop.jpg
    new worktop.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 24
Friday night ehu on
sat ,bbq food in ,beer moved in fridge ,gin in cupboard ,food in extra chairs into garage for siblings visit
off in van ASAP when wife returns from ikea 😩

We’re currently at my daughters in Norfolk with the van parked at her house. I went in the van yesterday to get something and as I was leaving, heard the fridge alarm. The gas had shut off. We have a Toptron CPU (crash protection unit) and it kept shutting down despite resetting it, checking gas ( we have two almost full tanks and general peering around at everything.
After much farting about trying to figure out what was wrong, it turns out the Victron Smart Solar controller had decided to carry out its Equalisation function ( despite me disabling this option previously) and it carries out this process with the batteries at 16.2v.
The Tipton cpu operates between 10-15v, so this over voltage shuts the system down.
I remembered that the Victron controller updated its software a few weeks ago and it must have reset the options back to default, meaning equalisation, at 16.2v, is carried out every 30 days.
“Smart“ solar, my ar*e!

Back