What did you do to your van today?

Took the van for a Fiat Ducato Brake Pipe VSRN, a hangover from lockdown; A bit alarmed when the mechanic appeared with a 3 ft crowbar, but all was fine. (y)

Such a shame that they don't give a piece of paper to confirm the DVSA Recall has been completed, but they stamped the notification to which I added the date and time.

(Yes, I know it's all updated on the 'Electronic InterNet' but I do like a bit of signed paper for my file. )

I finally got round to listing the old aircon unit on eBay. Now I have to hope for a few days of hot weather.

I am looking for a run underbar (rear bumper) to fit a bessacar e572 on an Al-Ko chassis, do you think this would fit if you are selling
A proper tow bar will add a lot to your rear axle load.
If you just want a bar to protect the bodywork then I suggest getting something lighter fabbed up locally.

Got the rear fog lights working again - detailed in another thread.
Long story short there must have been a loose connection under the rear bumper but I spent a day taking dash etc off tracing cable and junctions!

Crawled under the van, PVC, took the cap off the greywater water tank and squirted a hose inside. Not sure that it is much cleaner! We will see.

Crawled under the van, PVC, took the cap off the greywater water tank and squirted a hose inside. Not sure that it is much cleaner! We will see.
On mine, it's possible to push a hosepipe up the drain pipe. That forces the water backwards, which seems to help clear it. Well, it washes grot out.

• Thank You
Reactions: UFO
We must be doing something wrong - we never seem to have a problem with ours discharging!
Perhaps it's because we quite often do it when we get home so the water has been sloshing around?
Having said that we always wipe pans and plates down with a paper towel before we was them so very little grease and gunge gets into the tank.

Got round to fitting the new Garmin BC40 camera today now it’s a little cooler. Drilled into the fibreglass panel under the brakelight ( not the rear wall) and sikaflexed it too. The cable straps are there to stop the camera falling out / being stolen, as it’s only clipped into the plastic bracket
(picture taken at an angle, it is actually in the centre of the light above,)

04907572-8432-4B7C-9A5C-D6794A3B847F.jpeg

Over filled the fresh water tank before going to the New Forest. Van is parked on a steep drive. Gotta be 20 degree down hill. Loads of fun doing anything. Any way, the only way I could mop up properly was to take the tank out. This is a PCV. Every thing is compact. Tank out, cleaned, checked for leaks. All good.
Now try and line up the drain pipe on the tank, to the drain pipe on the van. After hours of fun, even with Nikki trying to help. It ain’t going to go. Plan B. Buy a metre or so of 25 mm pipe, fit it to the tank, manoeuvre the remainder through the hole in the van floor, locate the tank properly and cut off the excess.
Earliest eBay delivery date is Wednesday, I need to be away Tuesday. I have put a begging letter on two other posts on Motorhomer.
If the worst comes to the worse, using the maxim, “ Only dirty people wash”, I’ll make do, until I get back home.

Finally got around to removing one of the cab door locks and handle to see how the slam locks work so I can remove/disable them.

Mot passed .
Greased the alko bits while on pit and wheels off ground.
Good garage always helpful.
Greece's and Ellis of Hinckley

Last edited:
Back