What did you do to your van today?

Bonnet gas strut fitted this morning love it sometimes it's the little things that make a difference.

The van has stood untouched for over 2 months now, but we should be out in it again in just over a week. Yesterday just gave it a quick look round, put some air in the tyres and started it. First turn start as if it had never been left ?
We cleaned it on return from the last trip, but another clean is needed after standing in daily rain for a couple of months. Just wish that it was a bit warmer to do things.

Just about to check non-starting problem. :-(

Later: It's the starter motor or the solenoid, so phone call to the dealer tomorrow, hooray for the extended warranty!

Last edited:
started to load up for a euro trip and decided to check the tyres ,one was a little low so i got out the fiat inflator to blow it up and promply blew the fuse in 12v socket on the dash , now the fun began there are 3 fuse boxes on this fiat one by the drivers knee one inside the door piller on the drivers side ond one under the bonnet and under the passengers headlamp guess what one it was. its a complete bas+++d to get to it may be easier to take the headlamp out so if you have a 2016 on ducato that comes with the gunk and the inflater instead of the spare wheel give it to someone you dont like

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove to the lakes for a week of R&R. Bright sunshine, was overcast and damp at home on Teesside.

I gave mine its first wash for several weeks. Despite being parked and not used in that time I was amazed at how dirty it had become, including black streaks. Much happier to see it clean again and a start on getting it ready for the trip to Chester next week.

Left it parked up in Edinburgh while we went for a good lunch (The Refinery in St Andrews Square - to be recommended) then off for a drool in the Tesla showroom. Just need to find some form of justification for my wife to let me buy one!!

Walked past my Hymer gave it a smile and a Pat then did some gardening (boring) then walked back past Hymer smiled at her again patted Her again then had tea and am here commenting.

Put reflective tape around my amazingly solid (when you walk into them at night) fixed steel steps.

Went sailing instead of doing anything to the van. Last chance before heading off for 6 weeks or so to France with a vague idea of a toe dip into Portugal. Just the water, milk and bread to load. 400 teabags already on board, that’s about all we take that apart from food the first day or two.

Davy

Finished off the final touches for the Datatag (a windscreen disc holder to show the ne'er do wells - can't call these tax disc holders anymore!) seems a great piece of kit

Well put the second coat of cromapol on roof this morning. Spent rest of day still looking for a replacement habitation window!!!

Put some non slip matting under the box on which the dogs bed rests....it moved going down a steep hill yesterday and she ended up on the floor o_O

Changed 10 of the internal lights to LEDs so we are able to be off grid more.

I finished the clean up after it’s idleness for over two months. Just to load up now before setting off for Chester next week. The warm sunny days have certainly made cleaning a pleasure.

Annual service and habitation check.

All OK for another year of travelling.

Reactions: 2cv
Back