What did you do to your van today?

Just fixed my solar panels in position....behind the sofa,screwed a block of wood to the wall to hold them in place until im off the road in a couple of weeks,they are getting a bit of sun through the window☺

I checked to see all was well after the alarm activated. I could see no reason for it and it’s never done it before.

My CEO/carer/navigator made some sunscreens for the bedroom and living area windows. Very flash. We bought proper Basque deckchair material in San Sebastion a year or so back. She bought silver backed blackout material last week for a backing and stitched them today incorporating elastic tie fastenings. Look really good. Head off on Tuesday for France, Spain and possibly Portugal. Hope we get the weather to try them out.

Davy

Off to fix leaking ceiling skylight vent, it's been like that for the last 3 months protected with gaffa tape so not leaking but requires attention, woke up one morning with a soggy patch between cab and hab leaking through screw hole vent cover to opening handle definitely age related so self tappers with waterproof pop tops throwing in a small amount of mastic sealant "belt and Braces",

Cutting out childs old mouse hole beds left and right to make one big double below ours,so mummy and daughter above and me with mr trouble down below.

I made the most of the good weather to apply a quality wax, then began loading for the trip next week.

Gave the van a bath just the glass to do it takes about 3 hours to do by time I do the glass and wheels dread having to wax or polish it they put some sort of gardex sealant on it when I bought it wonder how long it lasts comes up pretty good with McGuires shampoo and water.

Reactions: 2cv
I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)

Sat and watched these views. Wonderful A9FBB62F-8CD2-4085-A09B-BC263A9CB086.jpeg0209A668-F197-4FEF-9701-9B6D2D19AC31.jpegDE3EEAF8-D728-4111-A58A-329C7A5F087C.jpeg

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)

Been thinking of removing mine it's a big old lump and with the lighter load i may get a better MPG, however it is a good deterrent for drivers who like to tailgate as if they run into it would do some damage.

Filled with water ready for an early departure on Tuesday. One of the locker locks would not unlock, so they are all now silicon lubricated and unlocking much more easily. Checked that the heater, water heater and fridge all work using both gas and electricity.
Quite exciting to be ready for the off after a few months grounded.

Back