What did you do to your van today?

Thanks David. Our problem is that being on the move is lack of a postal address. Heading to a dealer this morning. But if that no good, will look for something similar in a diy store.
I would think someone like B&Q would stock them.
on eBay you can get stuff sent to an Argos store which might work? or use Amazon and get sent to a "poste restante" address at a suitable post office?

I would think someone like B&Q would stock them.
on eBay you can get stuff sent to an Argos store which might work? or use Amazon and get sent to a "poste restante" address at a suitable post office?
The dealer was shut yesterday – Wednesday closing! Trying another one today. We are not in the UK, David, not sure they have Argos in south of France! Been moving south as crossing to Corsica on Friday.
AD9FDDB9-6442-40A9-A9D7-5D54EF04E444.jpeg

Had a warning light coming on in my van so spent 3 hours in a Renault garage near Lake Garda. They changed the clutch oil. Cost €70. 2 miles after I left the garage the light was back on. Stayed on for 150 miles. Then started going off when I braked. Had a comfort stop at 180 miles. Set off. No problem light. Still off after 327 miles from garage.

Just fitted a bug deflector to the bonnet (vanbitz) put van on hook up and put fridge on,put some refreshments in van checked levels.
Getting fired up for our jaunt

Had solar panel wiring checked and fault rectified. Now working as advertised. Topped up gas bottles and diesel. Load up some provisions for me and the hound tomorrow, frig on hook up. Ready for trip to Dover and France on Monday. Looking forward to a break in foreign parts and continuing the search for undiscovered red wine mines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleared out the van garage and removed the old internal Fiamma bike rack. Cut to size and set out the rails for the new Thule slide out rack but decided against drilling by the time I’d finished. As they say measure twice cut or drill once ??. Parts for the damaged awning arrived from Rose Awnings, very helpful and knowledgeable staff, recommended. If the Sikaflex arrives tomorrow I might get the bike rack finished, the awning will have to wait until next week ..............

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
Fitted reversing sensory

Bl*****y light came on again today. I am stewarding a CCC rally in France for the next three weeks. Just across the road from the site is a Renault garage. Looks like my task for Monday is to speak to them.

So I was talked into buying a German built van after having owned 3 British built vans. Our new van is a Burstner Harmony Line Ti736.
Only had it 7 months and this is the first thing that has gone wrong, but in a big way.....disaster.
German build quality? Pah!.............

The rubber bit that hold the metal ring on the kitchen sink plug broke last week so I’ve had to buy a new one.

What next?...............

Van collection after oil transmission gearbox cooler replaced and new full exhaust system fitted, ouch, but worth every penny!

We've had an annoying squeak & finally tracked it down to the kitchen unit housing. Derek spent all afternoon doing something to it so hope that's done the trick. Will find out tomorrow when we tootle off to one of our favourite picnic sites.
Oh & he also hoovered & generally cleaned it in the morning while I had the better job of gardening. :)

Busy time over past few days, put in the solar unit and connected it all up. Repaired the drop door at rear of my 1990 bedouin, sorted lights on number plate, fitted new direct to screen washers, sorted the window tray on drivers door, put in new bluetooth radio, fitted new carpet, fitted new lino in bathroom (after fitting wood panel in on top of tray as not ever used the shower) fitted inside fan, and gave her a good clean ready for end of month meet!! ..................and all before lunch time HONESTLY!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:

Washed it all over, t’cutted and polished the driver side, shopping tomorrow, but we hope to get more done when we get back, looking good though

Went to Ikea last week and, among other things, bought a couple of large rugs for the house.
One of them was a bit too blue and looked out of place in the dining room, so I got my trusty Stanley knife out, trimmed it down a bit and now it fits perfectly in the van garage.
Been meaning to cover the floor with something permanent, this was a little more expensive than I wanted, but it looks great.

Last edited:
Back