What did you do to your van today?

Changed the oil on Saturday - despite the hot weather it took a while to get it warm.
Fiat 2.8L filter is enormous it ought to last forever with the mileage I do - especially now we look like being under house arrest for the summer!
Same engine in my iveco,big filter and 7 ltrs of oil from asda 10/40 or 5/30 5/40 in winter.

Same engine in my iveco,big filter and 7 ltrs of oil from asda 10/40 or 5/30 5/40 in winter.
Yes , it is a big filter but only cost £13,50 from our local car shop, and I get my oil from Asda too, same spec as it states in my handbook, lots of folk are squeamish about using Asda oil but I have been using it for many years in all my vans and cars, my vans 3, have all had the 2.8 JTD FIAT engines and never a problem with the oil.

I didn't think that I put that much oil back in my engine - not sure just how much as I used a half can to start with
But I did check level after filter filling and resetting - knowing the nominal volume is good though.
When I bought it the dealer had done a service and over filled it - I vacuumed c1L out!
I'm using Triple QX 10-40 semi synthetic from ECP which is occasionally on a special offer.
Used it in Pug 306 HDI for several years as well.

Last edited:
Changed two internal window frames over because of blind failures, while doing so found water leaks on the rear window, took the rubber out, cleaned and reinstalled with a little silicone, the rubber had shrunk by about 40 mm, so hopefully a good day

Emptied the van of the boxes and bags of dog food we had taken to last us four months in Portugal 😭 . Hadn't been able to face it till yesterday. Took them to local food bank who were very happy. Just got harness, waterproof coat and Christmas jumper to find a home for.....any takers?

Not yesterday but over the last few weeks.
Fitted Shelves to the Cupboard
Tried to fix the Reat Camera and at the same time tidiednthe Dashcam wiring behind the Dash
Found the connector in the B pilllar ready to put rear speakers into the Hab area
Bought a couple of 12V spotlights with USB for the Bunk Beds, keep the kids happy!
Realised the Cassette Toilet door does not lock, perhaps never has. The fitting must be twisted so warranty claim I hope!
Stay Safe!

Dropped the gas it bottle into the floor,so I could fit a compressor fridge/freezer in the back,got it up and running at -20c its a 40 ltr so quite large has an LG compressor and runs with very little noise ran it empty for several hours through the watt meter used around 1.25 ah on average sitting in the sun so the solar (300w ) will handle it on the dullest day.Tomorrow going to fit the wind out awning that arrived today

Not to the van but outside the van. Cut the “lawn” and put some flowers out ready for bbq and campout this weekend. Reminder to self - move the van before setting fire to all the broom I grubbed out with the tractor this week!

9DB6F8E7-675D-4353-8EE3-796EBC0A712A.jpeg

I didn't think that I put that much oil back in my engine - not sure just how much as I used a half can to start with
But I did check level after filter filling and resetting - knowing the nominal volume is good though.
When I bought it the dealer had done a service and over filled it - I vacuumed c1L out!
I'm using Triple QX 10-40 semi synthetic from ECP which is occasionally on a special offer.
Used it in Pug 306 HDI for several years as well.
I use 10/40 from asda ,they did a offer as new shape cans were coming in,7 bucks for 5 ltrs,i bought about 20 cans which will do car as well,we tip always fill the oil filter before fitting to engine,saves the bearing on start up

Back