What did you do to your van today?

I had a similar cover on my VW T5.

Impossible to get to the underneath for any servicing so extra time (=costs) to remove and then refit.
When I took it off to do some work on the front end, the foam deadening attached to it was totally sodden with water and oil. Horrible and a real mess!
It also makes it very awkward to do any kind of cursory visual checks of pipework etc underneath the engine.

Not sure if the benefits of the covers outweigh the negatives?
I do my own servicing so as I see it only benefits. (y)

Moved both leisure batteries onto the bottom cupboard shelf in the garage and made the shelf above removable for easy access. Relocated the inverter and now have an empty cupboard shelf. Very pleased how it all worked out without needing any additional bits.

Updated the maps on my Tomtom. It’s a start 25 with free lifetime updates. I have had it for close on ten years. Expected them to have pulled the plug on it by now. Even if it does not update in future, it will do me for a few years yet.

Davy

I had a similar cover on my VW T5.

Impossible to get to the underneath for any servicing so extra time (=costs) to remove and then refit.
When I took it off to do some work on the front end, the foam deadening attached to it was totally sodden with water and oil. Horrible and a real mess!
It also makes it very awkward to do any kind of cursory visual checks of pipework etc underneath the engine.

Not sure if the benefits of the covers outweigh the negatives?
My tray is just 'plastic' so it won't get soggy - I'll check whether it holds water though.
Actually I'm disappointed with the quality as it's a bit brittle. But I did buy the cheapest I could find!
Hopefully it will be ok once it's in.

My tray is just 'plastic' so it won't get soggy - I'll check whether it holds water though.
Actually I'm disappointed with the quality as it's a bit brittle. But I did buy the cheapest I could find!
Hopefully it will be ok once it's in.
I remember I hired a Fiat Stilo at either Knock or Dublin airport (can't recall which) to drive to Kerry for a funeral. The engine tray was loose and did a great job of collecting stones and gravel off the country roads! I would imagine the noise levels would have been akin to doing a stage of WRC :)
In the end, driving from the wake back to the house it just ripped away entirely.

Yup, they are brilliant things :rolleyes:

Removed the bedding as in tier 3 . ready for tire 4 next week , as talking heads , I'm on the road to no ware , cant do links

SORNed it as it doesn't look like we're going anywhere this month!
Just missed it last month as I'd forgotten you need the V5 and I only remembered really late on that it was last day.
Didn't get out in October with other family commitments.

Dropped motorhome off at dealers to get a couple of small jobs done under warranty.
- Tambour door top guide channel retaining screws repeatedly coming loose, they are taking the complete assembly out and replacing all screws etc.
- Small section of sealant to replace between 2 panels, only cosmetic but unsightly.
Dealer closing on Thursday apart from service department.

I had to solder a fuse holder in place on my TV signal finder as the old one had broken some how. The power is now getting through but I will have to wait to see if I can get a signal as it wont work where I live.

Forgot to add say that I had the MH MOT'd last week with one advisory: a stone chip in the windscreen. I went through my insurance to get Autoglass out but the bloke said:-

1) It has already been repaired
2) The MOT bloke was being very over zealous in even recording it as he had seen some screens that were cracked and passed without advisory!

The 'chip' itself was so smooth to the touch I couldn't find it from the outside so had to mark the wiper so I could show the Autoglass bloke where it was!

Used it as a builders van to collect; fence panels, gravel boards, paint and potting compost before everything shuts down. Now have something to keep me occupied for a day or so.

PSX_20201103_121704.jpg

I have a gas exhaust outlet by Truma on the side of my van. I have read a couple of reports of flys hibernating en mass inthere over the winter. Some one recommended this,

https://www.toolstation.com/flexible-end-cap/p35443

A4D7CF42-A77F-46D2-8088-5F53FA48673F.jpeg

But at £6.99 and postage of nearly as much again it was a non starter. I couldn’t source it locally at a couple of plumbers and builders merchants. My son is a plumber and he brought an end cap from soil pipes when they are delivered. Perfect push fit, and free.

5F87DFCB-DDD9-4059-B302-EFC9BC9E574F.jpeg

5100EB05-B1A0-4951-A55B-CCBB5144817B.jpeg

174F8A9A-352E-4135-9729-4309E2D6FDF3.jpeg

4E7D7397-0BFC-4B5B-9895-437D7AC469F3.jpeg

Davy

Drained water heater opened taps.
Air bed pump would work, batteries corroded to blow out taps abd drains.
Ano go tomorrow with batteries out of tv remotes. Do many others do this?

Checked the LPG gauge, it looked full so thought it had stopped working. Filled up with 19.5L - so it had actually been reading about empty!

Drained down and taken off to my friendly neighbourhood garage to have the back brakes, all four of them, fettled and a bit of corrosion under the cab taken care of. Told them to just do stuff as it suits them over the next month. Be good to be away again come December.

Cheers

H

Back