What did you do to your van today?

Fed up with the weather here in N. Ireland, so took my iPad into the Motorhome and went to Italy for the afternoon.

Sadly all I was doing was watching the days stage of the Giro d’Italia, but the weather was pleasant, there were great helicopter shots of the scenery and a small selection of Motorhomes to admire (although not as good as Le tour). Brilliant race stage.

Today is a rest day and tomorrow I don’t know wether to go into the Alps in Italy for the mountain stage and scenery or simply make another cup of tea and go to N. Spain for the start of the Vuelta.

Cheapest European trip I’ve ever done and great Aire to stay on. Free WiFi, free EHU and a super clean toilet block just a few metres from my pitch. Only downside is the cost of wine which is ridiculous. Sadly all of last years stock is finished.

Davy

Replaced a side marker light and a blown number plate bulb in preperation for its mot.

If the damnably useless on-line estate agents YOPA & Purple Bricks along with the even more questionable conveyancing company they both use club together to pull their useless fingers out, we hope to be moving house before the end of the month.

Because of this and as we do all of our own packing, I have been making use of the shower/loo in my 'Millie' to lay all of our collective wardrobe clothes neatly down in sealed bags.
In the cab I have loaded several tool boxes of my must get to quickly equipment and then along the central isle of the living area it is now full of carefully packed works of art.

It is truly amazing how much carefully packed stuff I have been able to stash away inside!

Went away to the beach for the weekend and visited a weighbridge on the way home.
1680kg front axle, ( max 1800kg). Total weight 3480kg( max 3850) and we couldn’t get money in the machine to check the rear axle, but am assuming it was 1800kg. ( max 2000)
So we have enough payload for 370 litres of red wine!

If the damnably useless on-line estate agents YOPA & Purple Bricks along with the even more questionable conveyancing company they both use club together to pull their useless fingers out, we hope to be moving house before the end of the month.......
Keep your pecker up!

I think that buying a selling a house is possibly the most stressful thing we do in life.

An acquaintance used Purple Bricks and didn't like the experience either. Following the experience of previous sales, when I sold my last home I was lucky enough to find a suitable buyer without needing any estate agents, and did it all myself for free.

Good luck with your sale, and hopefully the stress will be shortly behind you, and you can plan future trips away in your van.

Last edited:
The last time I sold a house the first buyers chain failed. The next buyer pulled out for a reason I cannot recall. The third buyers decided to break up on the morning of the exchange! (so the call I was expecting to say "moneys in" became a "sorry, start again" call).
But the first buyer was in a position to go again IIRC and not much delay to complete.

Yesterday auto to be pedantic but...

Fitted a Victron Tr-Smart B2B charger which works a treat with the smart alternator.

We found the solar was struggling to keep up on our last trip away with eve poor weather and shorter days, and the alternator did the seem to be energising the VSR so this should solve that now.

Thankfully selling a house is a lot easier in Scotland, speaking to our new neighbour yesterday who moved from a small village up by Arrochar. Their house went on the market at 9.00am received a call at 10.30am viewing at 1.00 sold by end of play.

Thankfully selling a house is a lot easier in Scotland, speaking to our new neighbour yesterday who moved from a small village up by Arrochar. Their house went on the market at 9.00am received a call at 10.30am viewing at 1.00 sold by end of play.
Sounds like they could have put it on at a higher price? anything sells very fast when underpriced.

on the flip side, Houses in Scotland stay on the market for ages and it is just a different faff compared to England. Difference being people have to shell out for surveys and the like before putting any offers in so greater potential for wasting money for buyers.
Better system? No, just a different one.

Sounds like they could have put it on at a higher price? anything sells very fast when underpriced.
They received over the asking price and were more than happy with the offer. Think the remote location and a view of the loch was the selling point and not being greedy looking for the max they could get.

That is exactly the same, in fact it is better still over in France where we used to live. You see a house, if you like the house you put in your offer and if it is then accepted then the selling agent notifies the "Notaire" (a government approved solicitor/official), you both then have to sign an official promise to buy form.
Both parties then have a 7 day cooling off period during which time either party can pull out, but from then on after the 7th day, if either party pulls out they have to surrender 10% of the sale value to the other party.
Throughout the entire sales process from then on there are no other solicitors involved, it is all handled by the Notaire.

It would make the entire house sales process so much easier in the UK if a similar system was adopted in the UK.

Our buyer pulled out of the house purchase today 🙄 reason given was as its an old house (400 yrs+) they were worried about ongoing maintenance costs... whatever...
So its start again with timewasters viewing again
K :(

So its start again with timewasters viewing again
K :(

Oh what a right royal PITA these timewasters are.

Hopefully for you if you were using a professional high street estate agent rather than one of the truly dreadful on-line shower, then they might hold the names of any other previous viewers who had shown an interest in your property.

Very unfortunately, I do know now that the housing market has suddenly slammed the brakes on again, partially because of the Covid crisis as well as people now becoming concerned that the even worse than worse on-line conveyancers, some of whom are taking up to 4 months to complete their work as well as the district councils who are taking as long as 20 weeks to handle the searches (despite them actually only takning about 24 hours to actually do). Because of this, according to several people I know in the know there are a growing number of people who are beginning to believe they won't be able to get the sale/purchase before the Stamp Duty holiday cut off date of the 1st March.

Drove to the lakes to chill out for a week or so whilst daughter her partner and the 3 kids move back in. 😩😩😩😩
Could we’ll see me living in the motorhome on the drive within the forseeable future lol.

L
Drove to the lakes to chill out for a week or so whilst daughter her partner and the 3 kids move back in. 😩😩😩😩
Could we’ll see me living in the motorhome on the drive within the forseeable future lol.
Look on the bright side....... you will have the family for Christmas with no questions asked. 😂

Took it to my local garage at Dinnet to investigate why engine management light was on. Identified it as faulty downstream NOX sensor which they can replace but can’t recode as it can only be done by an authorised MB dealer. So van now booked into Aberdeen MB dealer to do the work next week, no doubt at great expense, but needs must.

Took it to my local garage at Dinnet to investigate why engine management light was on. Identified it as faulty downstream NOX sensor which they can replace but can’t recode as it can only be done by an authorised MB dealer. So van now booked into Aberdeen MB dealer to do the work next week, no doubt at great expense, but needs must.
Got it back from my local garage today ready for taking to MB Aberdeen next week!!

Drove to Sainsburys in Penrith for provisions, 5 minute queue to get it as they had 2 staff members outside liasoning with inside staff to keep numbers inside at a safe level.
Very well organised and everyone wearing masks unlike Tesco in my hometown.
Now back on a CS site, raining, cold but still more pleasant than sitting at home.

Back