What did you do to your van today?

What was the cost for the new burner to be done
I got the burner from Spares2repair who gave excellent service and fast delivery. Noone else seemed to have the one for my fridge, it was £72. The old one may have worked as much dust came out of it, but after 9 years heavy use I thought it worth a new one. I was charged £60, but that included other work such as a full gas check, damp check and freeing of locks. The original jet was used as new ones for that fridge were unavailable.

Fitted replacement wiper motor and linkage, had to wait for new plastic clips for the scuttle panel but they arrived just in time this morning.
Added a bottle of Radweld ...I know I know... I hear you all but...
Refitted nose trim above bumper so the van looks back to normal again.
All cleaned out and ready for our next adventure... probably October.
K ;)

• Well Done
Reactions: 2cv
I feel it’s very important to admit when your not up to a job! Don’t ask me to remove a window for you. Fortunately it doesn’t have to go back in.

EBAC3F58-58DF-4C06-9A45-D354B1131312.jpeg53A8FC46-7867-4707-A538-E22D9EBFA3CD.jpeg

Yesterday I converted all 7 strip lights in my old AS Talisman to led. all except one have 2 strips of 15 warm white LED's now, each light draws 240ma from a fully charged battery. The other light has 3 strips of 15 as this is above the main living area. It draws 360ma. So that is quite a saving in power consumption, the originals were 18 watts and these are now 3.24w and 4.86w for the 3 strip one. Brightness seems about the same.
The led's were on a reel of 300 and cost a mere £4. 42. If you can solder and have a fine tipped iron, it's an easy job but takes a few hours.

Called into my supplying dealer to have a quirk with the reversing camera sorting.
When dark the led’s surrounding the camera come on and the only way to turn them off is by switching of the auxiliary switch which also disables the usb sockets etc. Apparently wired up wrong by Pilote. Took an hour then called at Flogas on way home to top gas up.

Fitted the replacement and as-new spare wheel carrier, easy peasy, no drama.
I have the space in my boot back now.
All work outside now complete.
K ;)

Changed oil and filter do it every 10000 miles needed or not. Easy job. Only reason I do it myself I use the right oil expense but I think it’s worth it for piece of mind. I hear mechanics saying oils oil you don’t have to use the expensive stuff so I’d rather do it myself then I know whats in it.

Well, compared to most of the posts I read my life is simple. I'm fitting new hub caps and getting packed up for trip to Stratford.
Stratford meet was last month! :unsure:

Back