Who's Awake

Rang my mum in Uk yesterday, trying to phone daily as she is a bit forgetful and it keeps her on track a bit! Good job...she told me she thought she would go and get her hair done , by bus!! Pointed out they are closed and the bus not a good idea at 87yrs and frail ( in isolation!!). Hopefully, the bus driver would also have suggested she stay at home. She has bad arthritis and cannot easily lift her arms to wash hair, so it is very difficult. We proceeded to have a rather bizarre conversation about how she can do it, sitting in the shower and put head down rather than arms up. Dave watching me was hysterical as I was miming the moves. Anyone come across an "aid" for this ?? Made me a bit twitchy as she seemed to understand isolation....

Morning all well had a video call from my granddaughter this morning as it’s her birthday (4) she got herself a bit upset as she couldn’t come to see us she’s got naturally curly hair but for a treat her mam straightened it this was Monday..,2DF00D56-B656-4502-84CC-281745F60479.jpeg

Last edited:
It is easy to forget that their lives have changed so much and adults are acting very strangely, nagging about washing hands even more and to cap it all, can't see those they love! As for birthdays.....thank goodness for internet.

She got upset yesterday Ruth because she couldn’t come to see us and it broke me...but we will come out the other side safe and well..

Back