Who's Awake

Morning all. Overcast and drizzle on Teesside.
Dog still has the sh-ts unfortunately so may have to delay my trip on Monday and contact the vets again.
She is on a boiled chicken and white rice diet so fingers crossed it works by Monday then I’ll wean her back onto her normal diet.
A friend mentioned the problem may be stress related, she is terrified off the fire works going off every night so who knows,he may be right.
If I do manage to get away Monday i will be stopping on a CS site near Penrith which should be quiet. it may prove a point if the problem goes away.

we get stuff from the vet Steve for our dog and it's like dog Valium we get a weeks supply and solves the issue ,hope this helps

I have 5 days to wait to get away in the van just struggling to get the car booked into a garage for repairs due to deferred MOts so will just have to mothball it until we get back shopping on my mobility trike is going to be fun 😂😂

Last edited:
Should have been heading up to Cumbria for a week or so but alas the dog had me up twice during the night again with Diarrhea.
So just returned from the vets, chicken & rice, small quantities 4/5 times a day for at 48 hours and a clay paste with probiotics or similiar.
If ok after the 48 hours wean her back onto her normal food very gradually. If still poorly it’s blood and poo samples/tests at £190.00 each.
she has lost 1kg since last week but he said health wise she appears excellent so fingers crossed she improves ASAP and I can get away for a few days.
bloody dog ! More trouble than kids lol.

Should have been heading up to Cumbria for a week or so but alas the dog had me up twice during the night again with Diarrhea.
So just returned from the vets, chicken & rice, small quantities 4/5 times a day for at 48 hours and a clay paste with probiotics or similiar.
If ok after the 48 hours wean her back onto her normal food very gradually. If still poorly it’s blood and poo samples/tests at £190.00 each.
she has lost 1kg since last week but he said health wise she appears excellent so fingers crossed she improves ASAP and I can get away for a few days.
bloody dog ! More trouble than kids lol.
Hope she makes a good recovery they might be more trouble than kids but you get unconditional love from them.

Trying to get some fresh lug or rag, not so easy in places new to us.

Back