Who's Awake

Just waiting for gas fitter then all will be well in my world, morning everyone.

Morning all

Nowt planned for today so we'll see what the day brings!

Morning all

Off into Llandeilo this morning to pick up our pork joint ready for cooking tomorrow. We also need a few bits from the co-op too and then that's us done and ready for the main event.

Bore da, Nadolig Llawen!!

Good morning and very Merry Christmas to you all.

We have the normal day of cooking; present opening; debauchery; and the new Bond film on DVD to loo forward too.

The turkey will be going in the oven just before 7.00am and the first beer will be going in my stomach around 10.30am!

Please accept our best wishes for the season and we hope you all have a good - and safe - day.

Morning all

I hope you all had a good day yesterday.

Another lazy day for us today: Cold meats for lunch followed by a film and some rugby watching on TV for me. Mrs GMJ got Series 4 of The Crown for Xmas so she's quite keen to watch that whilst I watch the rugby...so a win:win!

Morning all

A third day of debauchery planned for today! I'll use the last of the turkey today to make a curry, a dopiaza. I put a load of tureky in the freezer yesterday which we'll have as soon as our lad recovers from Covid and can come and see us for Christmas v2!

Morning all

Off food shopping this morning then Mrs GMJ has an appointment this afternoon so I'll take her to that.

Good news yesterday: my lad tested negative for covid (he had tested positive just before Xmas so couldn't come down to see us) so we'll give him a couple more days of (hopefully) negative testing and then he can come down for a delayed Xmas...

...what? more turkey!

I’m the same food shopping today not a lot of the predicted food shortages in our area but what I did notice was very short use by dates on most of the Xmas treats so off for a small restock.

Morning all

If our lad tests negative for the 3rd day running he's coming down to see us today so we'll be doing Xmas all over again!
Not great for the waistline but needs must.

Morning cup of Horlicks then see if I can get another couple of hours in.

Morning all

We had a nice day yesterday seeing our son so he could have his Christmas albeit a late one. He has stayed overnight so we'll have another (repeat) Boxing Day today.

Back