Who's Awake

I didn't tell you Steve but the workmen finished ours after 2 weeks like they said they would. A neighbour took some photos and sent them to us and it looks good.

I didn't tell you Steve but the workmen finished ours after 2 weeks like they said they would. A neighbour took some photos and sent them to us and it looks good.
Graham, one of the joys of: a] living in a Flat; b] the upstairs flat being empty; c] the upstairs flat owner's insurers denying any liability; d] our insurers being stupid and trying to wriggle out of part of the Claim, requiring a to/fro exchange so that I could get a definitive refusal and take it to the Financial Ombudsman [minimum 4 months to process complaints at present]; e] having to get the Dry Rot Treatment Contractor out to lift the floors in both Flats to respray the water based chemical treatment; g] get Scottish Water and our Plumber out to try and trace/split the original house water supply so that we don't have to cope with a complete cut off of the Mains Supply if/when the next Pipe Burst occurs; and f] the pipe burst occurring mid December when 30/60/90 minute response Emergency Plumbers were quoting 3rd January as the earliest for an initial inspection/emergency repair visit

Steve

Graham, one of the joys of: a] living in a Flat; b] the upstairs flat being empty; c] the upstairs flat owner's insurers denying any liability; d] our insurers being stupid and trying to wriggle out of part of the Claim, requiring a to/fro exchange so that I could get a definitive refusal and take it to the Financial Ombudsman [minimum 4 months to process complaints at present]; e] having to get the Dry Rot Treatment Contractor out to lift the floors in both Flats to respray the water based chemical treatment; g] get Scottish Water and our Plumber out to try and trace/split the original house water supply so that we don't have to cope with a complete cut off of the Mains Supply if/when the next Pipe Burst occurs; and f] the pipe burst occurring mid December when 30/60/90 minute response Emergency Plumbers were quoting 3rd January as the earliest for an initial inspection/emergency repair visit

Steve
I would move to my own bungalow away from folk, the only thing that ever bothered me in life was people. 😂

Trev, the human race would be a great thing, were it not for all the people involved; wasted on many of them ... :rolleyes:. I'm going to nominate myself for the 2023 Victor Meldrew Lifetime Achievement Award ... :D

Steve
Im sure you know the people/pests im talking about, the rich ones near me with gov pensions to die for round looking a bit of milk or sugar the odd time, FOC, ask them for a hand and they're off like a greyhound out of the trap.

Morning

We have now moved from Javea up to Benicassim and the weather looks set fair, for the foreseeable anyway.

Back