Aerotoxic radio programme.

As you imply, it's not an interesting little film at all, but a disgrace, and it's hard to believe that manufacturers still get away with it. ☹️

After a substantial amount of time in small stuff, I'm happier these days trundling around in my van..

Reactions: 2cv
Progress is glacial, but from time to time it is made. From Tristan Lorraine:

A very important day in the history of the contaminated air story. Dassault informed myself and Susan Michaelis today at the Farnborough Airshow that the future Dassault 10X corporate jet due to fly in 2025 will have a bleed air filtration system - becoming the first corporate jet to install the much needed technology. Bravo 🙂

It's not easy to discuss without breaching forum rules, but I suspect that most people will agree that the problem has dragged on for far too long.

I wonder whether the solution is for all pilots to land whenever and wherever they are, and just as soon as they think they notice the issue, as only profit margins will bring about change.

Good to see the tide is turning and people are challenging the big names.

At lunch today I was sat next to a retired Vulcan pilot, and he was well aware of aerotoxic issues.

He said he still is involved in aviation (training, etc) and that he has been working locally behind the scenes to help address the issue.

That was a fascinating read, very clear, dispassionate and objective.

That a crew member was taken to hospital must surely carry weight.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:11)

Back