Weather Report..................

Wet in Yorkshire today on the bright side it’s pizza night.????

Same here, Annie.
Lidl's finest ham& cheese, with additional chopped local sausage, home -made olives and Piri piri sauce.
Wind has dropped,so we'll be outside .
No worries about dropping greasy crumbs on the floor....
The ants will have cleaned up before bedtime.

Have a nice time ?

Thanks, Annie. Your ears may have been burning earlier today - we were talking about you.
And yes, it was most definitely all good.
We're now at Sully-sur-Loire (the place with the especially attractive moated chateau and lovely aire where we walked into the town and around it in pretty much continual rain).
We'll be staying here for a couple of days.

Colin ???

A day of strong winds and torrential showers as we drove southwards from the Somme to the Loire. The wind was coming from the south (directly in front of us) and at one point folded both wing mirrors in.
So, knowing how to live it up, we went shopping in our favourite French supermarket chain.
That'll be Super-U.
And lo and behold we found something really cheesy to purchase on this, the day after Operation Neptune started:
IMG_20190607_194821__01.jpg

I recon this will become a collector's item in years to come so may well hang on to it until the Antiques Roadshow comes to Hertfordshire.
By which time it should be more than ready to eat.

Colin ???

Thanks, Annie. Your ears may have been burning earlier today - we were talking about you.
And yes, it was most definitely all good.
We're now at Sully-sur-Loire (the place with the especially attractive moated chateau and lovely aire where we walked into the town and around it in pretty much continual rain).
We'll be staying here for a couple of days.

Colin ???
Have a great time both of you ??

Well were do I start, it most be the same for everybody, on Saturday & Sunday's we usually take our dog to Hollingworth Lake Littleborough when we are not on meets (she hates the rain) but no signs of it letting up, she's like a bride's nightie up and down (are we going) but she will take one step outside and turn round,
There seems to be getting quite a fierce wind up, don't think that was mentioned on any forecast for this area, at this moment its grey, finely raining here in Milnrow Lancashire

We've woken to a dramatic change in the weather here on the banks of La Loire.
The air is not racing all over the place at top speed, it's a trifle milder - and it's dry.
So a potter along the bank to St Benoit-sur-Loire is a distinct possibility to check out his bones.
The Benedictines amongst you will know the significance of this pretty village.

Colin ???

Nothing fresh, apart from the breeze. It keeps temperatures in the mid - upper 20s and my Management Committee horizontal , under the parasol . Kindles and puzzle books doing sterling service, allowing me to navigate this new NHS repeat prescription scheme.. ( Just given it up as I need to phone them.. on Monday ..Grrrr !)
G&T O'clock looms .....
Fair do's

OOh That's not fair, Colin..

It's hard to realise that we'll probably never experience such scenery again.
Have you been to Chenonceau Chateaux.. Mind blowing and wild camping outside

Back