Weather Report..................

Lovely and sunny oop norf today.

Been busy in garden, here's some pics I took this morning. It's all I can post at the moment folks as I'm grounded for treatment over the next few months (and still sans van, but constantly looking!). But this is the weather thread, so I guess it's OK for me to still post? Can't post travel photos as only have what's on the doorstep.

Suffice to say most of my plants have survived the hammering of torrential rain and blustery winds - amazing really! :)

Astrantia 'Roma'

Hardy garden orchid really getting into its stride...

Newly planted patio pot (for sun)

Newly planted pot for main house entrance (north facing). Perennials, will bulk up pretty quickly and come back next year.

Gladiolus byzantinus

Irises - Eye of the Tiger and Silvery Beauty

These poppies miraculously survived the last few days of torrential rain and blustery winds!

Delphinium 'Galahad' grown from seed

Clematis 'General Sikorski'

Red rhododendron still flowering in front garden

OOh That's not fair, Colin..

It's hard to realise that we'll probably never experience such scenery again.
Have you been to Chenonceau Chateaux.. Mind blowing and wild camping outside

Never is an awfully long time, Paul.
We both know that the world is stuffed full of beauty - we just need an open mind and open eyes to see it. Both of which you've demonstrated on a regular basis that you have.
Your future inspirations and experiences will simply be in a slightly different field to the one you've been in for the past few years. I'm confident that you have a fascinating and stimulating time ahead of you.
I've been to Chateau Chenonceau and enjoyed it immensely - but didn't overnight there.

Colin ???

You often take great photos Colin, but the one of the castle above is really amazing.

Thanks for the kind words, Bill, but I have to own up to the fact that we came out of the restaurant adjacent to the chateau and there was the opportunity just waiting to be taken.
More luck than anything.

Colin ???

Lovely and sunny oop norf today.

Been busy in garden, here's some pics I took this morning. It's all I can post at the moment folks as I'm grounded for treatment over the next few months (and still sans van, but constantly looking!). But this is the weather thread, so I guess it's OK for me to still post? Can't post travel photos as only have what's on the doorstep.

Suffice to say most of my plants have survived the hammering of torrential rain and blustery winds - amazing really! :)

Astrantia 'Roma'
View attachment 46426

Hardy garden orchid really getting into its stride...
View attachment 46427

Newly planted patio pot (for sun)
View attachment 46428

Newly planted pot for main house entrance (north facing). Perennials, will bulk up pretty quickly and come back next year.

View attachment 46429

Gladiolus byzantinus
View attachment 46430

Irises - Eye of the Tiger and Silvery Beauty
View attachment 46431

These poppies miraculously survived the last few days of torrential rain and blustery winds!
View attachment 46432

Delphinium 'Galahad' grown from seed
View attachment 46433

Clematis 'General Sikorski'
View attachment 46434

Red rhododendron still flowering in front garden
View attachment 46435

Some cracking photos there, Marie.
Please keep contributing to the thread.
Pretty please.

Colin ???

We set off from Sully in the rain this morning but it soon abated and we had an interesting drive along deserted roads.
We saw mostly cereal crops with just one decidedly different field:

IMG_20190609_122300.jpg

I'm not sure if these cultivated poppies are for consumption of the seeds or for extraction of medicinal drugs - but they are as beautiful as any poppy:

IMG_20190609_122239-01.jpeg

As we neared the Auvergne we had clear air giving good views of the distant volcanic cones:

IMG_20190609_171109-01.jpeg

Then once up in the hills Clermont-Ferrand came into view down in it's basin:

IMG_20190609_182309.jpg

With yet more poppies, this time of the wild variety:

IMG_20190609_182430-01.jpeg

Colin ???

We set off from Sully in the rain this morning but it soon abated and we had an interesting drive along deserted roads.
We saw mostly cereal crops with just one decidedly different field:

View attachment 46446

I'm not sure if these cultivated poppies are for consumption of the seeds or for extraction of medicinal drugs - but they are as beautiful as any poppy:

View attachment 46447

With yet more poppies, this time of the wild variety:

Colin ???

Guess that's where some of the poppy seeds come from that you buy in the bakery section for using in cakes, bread etc. :)

Back