Weather Report..................

At 9°C it's a bit chilly compared to yesterday in Herts but on a positive note, that's about the temperature we'd expect at this time of the year. It's dry and we anticipate that the sun will dominate the sky as the day progresses.
A couple more lacewings need liberating today!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

The weathermen are playing April Fool with the forecast.
No rain forecast for last night, at 8pm.
Looking at 11.. they offered a night of light drizzle turning to proper rain at 7am today.
Set the overflow pipe up, to wash the roof off, so we could top up, this morning, at civilised O'clock.
2 lightning flashes at 11.45, followed by 29 pitters and 28 patters. Nothing, after that.
Another few pitter-patters, this morning..
They've even got the wind direction 90 degrees wrong.
Wouldn't pay them in washers, if I was in charge.
Her-umph !

It's warm and dry with increasing amounts of blue appearing overhead here in Herts.
The warmth has brought the lacewings out of hibernation:

View attachment 58842

I took these five lacewings from their overwintering spot in the house to the garden this morning. I had to wait until Mr Stanley the Robin and Mrs Stanley had filled themselves to the brim on mealworms before liberation.

Colin 🙂🙂😳
It may be a coincidence, Colin , but we've noticed an increase in the lacewing population here, too .
At the same time as the Swallows and House Martin's have arrived en masse

I've just got back from a most enjoyable ride around the Hertfordshire lanes and tracks.
Mother Nature really does know how to lift the spirits:

IMG_20210401_151444.jpg

Mixed in amongst the usual yellow primroses were a few small groups of the much less common white primroses:

IMG_20210401_151519.jpg

Gorgeous or what?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Forecast heavy rain overnight...nothing. Forecast "spotting rain" and it keeps p***sing down for short periods. Cloudy and a bit chilly..
The forecast is for not a drop of rain in the coming week.
So I'm getting my Sou'wester and galoshes ready.
We're down to about 50% cistern capacity.
We need a good , prolonged soaking, nothing dramatic, this month.

Cloudy start here in west Wales but no rain forecast. It has started to cool down though as per the forecast but tbh I'm happy as long as it doesn't rain.

It's 6°C in Hertfordshire with a northwesterly breeze bringing air from the chilly (at this time of the year) North Sea.
On a positive note, it's dry and it looks as if it will stay that way for the next couple of days at least.
So it'll be leggings for this morning's bike ride!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

It's 6°C in Hertfordshire with a northwesterly breeze bringing air from the chilly (at this time of the year) North Sea.
On a positive note, it's dry and it looks as if it will stay that way for the next couple of days at least.
So it'll be leggings for this morning's bike ride!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Update: the bike ride was most enjoyable, though pushing into the wind was slightly less so.
The sun's breaking the cloud up and the temperature may well soar to 9°C (though feels warmer out of the breeze and in the sunshine) so I'm planning an early lunch in the garden.
It seems so much more like a Sunday than a Friday today.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Still dark but no rain here in west Wales. Weather is set fair again and by the afternoon it gets quite warm. We haven't lit the log burner for 3 days now!

Yesterday we enjoyed some cooler sunshine but still very pleasant if you could get out of the chilly breeze, this morning we avoided a frost but we have grey skies and are only nudging 2 degrees. Don't think I'll bother taking the fleece protection off the tender plants.

Back