What did you do to your van today?

Took the van for its yearly Étanchéité (water ingress and tightness (?) test) at the dealers and had a good nose round all their new vans ( Burstner and Dethleffs) Passed, of course and got a comment from the mechanic doing the work that the van was very clean, just like a new one.😊
So, even though they take COVID precautions while doing the test, I spent the afternoon disinfecting all handles and knobs.......
Just need to start loading it up again.
Last week I found a public weighbridge a few km away so I’ll take it there fully loaded to see how it does. Just need to try and work out what all the buttons on the control panel do.....

Not so much did TO but did IN my Van ...

Excluding the wee 5 mile drive to Keslo for the Forum Meet, last night was my first 'big' trip away in the new Motorhome :)
250 Mile round trip for an overnighter in the Yorkshire Dales at High Laning Campsite in Dent
View out the window this morning was quite nice.
View attachment 56677
Thought I may visit that site until I checked the reviews on th C&CC website, not good. Over priced, limited facilities, far to many motorhomes / caravans on site, rude owner's etc, etc. I’m also always suspicious when they don’t show prices on their website.
if possible report back how you found it.

Thought I may visit that site until I checked the reviews on th C&CC website, not good. Over priced, limited facilities, far to many motorhomes / caravans on site, rude owner's etc, etc. I’m also always suspicious when they don’t show prices on their website.
if possible report back how you found it.
I wonder if it is the same site? I am just saying this as there is a C&CC signed site around 300 yards along the road which has very limited facilities and maybe that could be confused with the private site?
I didn't actually use any of the facilties (bar EHU), but the site I stayed at seemed to have all the usual facilties (showers, toilet, elsan, shop, unmetered EHU)

I have no idea how much it cost TBH as I didn't pay (customer paid for pitch as I went down to do an installation job. He is a regular and a Yorkshireman so unlikely to pay over the odds ;) )
This is the site I am sure as the owner was called Margaret same as the host in these reviews - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...hire_Dales_National_Park_Cumbria_England.html

Fitted a new under tray which had 2/3 missing. Purchased from a crowd in Poland full kit was less than a single genuine piece from Fiat , perfect fit and all fixings were included including the riv nuts or avdels as i know them. Hopefully this will help keep road noise and some of the drafts down. The engine runs cool so not too worried about heating issues especially in bonny Scotland.View attachment 56407View attachment 56408View attachment 56409
There the first thing i rip of vans and cars along with wheel trims.

There the first thing i rip of vans and cars along with wheel trims.
Why would you want to take it off? It helps keep road noise down ( a lot) and also protection for the sump and other metal cooling pipes. I have had a sump rot out on a pickup before, over heating is not an issue as the motor still runs below centre on the gauge.

With only a 6M motorhome space and easy access to things is always on our minds. My wife seemed to struggle to find somewhere to store the grater and the two salad spoons so I printed some supports and stuck them to the back of a cupboard door.

She's happy now.

sng_support.jpg

Why would you want to take it off? It helps keep road noise down ( a lot) and also protection for the sump and other metal cooling pipes. I have had a sump rot out on a pickup before, over heating is not an issue as the motor still runs below centre on the gauge.
I think my sump (2004 Ducato) may be on the way out I had a look under a couple of weeks ago and there were sheets of rust hanging off.
That's the down side of an oil tight engine and steel sump 😀
I'm going to brush it off and apply liberal coat of Hammerite (sorry Trevskoda for the spelling 😀) if it still sounds reasonably solid.
After that I'll buy an undertray now I know they are available and bang that up - hopefully then I won't have to replace the sump.
There may be some that will say that an undertray will hide a leaking sump??

Winter screens put in garage ,Hoover n tidy inside ,clean windows and wash exterior Phew I'm knackered thinking it

I think my sump (2004 Ducato) may be on the way out I had a look under a couple of weeks ago and there were sheets of rust hanging off.
That's the down side of an oil tight engine and steel sump 😀
I'm going to brush it off and apply liberal coat of Hammerite (sorry Trevskoda for the spelling 😀) if it still sounds reasonably solid.
After that I'll buy an undertray now I know they are available and bang that up - hopefully then I won't have to replace the sump.
There may be some that will say that an undertray will hide a leaking sump??
I had to replace my sump last year as is was weeping though the rust.

Back