What did you do to your van today?

Must have been the other guy then, around 1230. I came from Perth to Forfar round the A94 so didn’t hit the A90 until Forfar.

My truck is the only one with scania mud flaps on the front in front of the wheels
land a scania logo on the dash middle you will see if you blow the pic up
and two v8 chrome bits above headlights with black inserts

269B91DD-7303-4142-977F-418278BF4A19.jpeg

It had done 153000 miles Dave my clutch has only done 43000 miles but seeming the box was out thought I might as well do the clutch as well .
Something that never gets mentioned as far as I can tell is DMFs. On a VW for example, if you were to have the gearbox out and change the clutch you would almost certainly replace the DMF as well. Are they not a problem on FIATs at all?

Just been on to the garage, Mark one the fitters said they got sent the wrong clutch yesterday and have just received the right one this morning so they may be a chance I get it back today fingers crossed.

DMF are only a 'problem' if you have one 😀
My 2004 Ducato doesn't have one - maybe the 250 series onwards do?
I had some gearbox work done at 50k (under dealer warranty) and had the workshop put 3 part kit in for me - they just charged for a quick flywheel re-face.
I think the kit was only just over £100.

DMF sets do cost a lot more but I got 250,000 miles out of first clutch on my first Passat but only 200,000 on the second car (less miles with me)

Had a concentric slave cylinder go on Skoda Superb at 110k and had whole lot done at same time.

Each of these 3 cost c£600 all in fitted.

Noticed a short strip of sealer between cab and hab bodywork appears to be detaching. Photo taken and sent off to dealer, awaiting callback. Going of the few minor issues I have had since buying from dealer I’m sure they will ask me to drop it off in the very near future for repair.
Short term I’ve covered it with gaffer tape to ensure no water gets into joint.

Full set pads all round and disks on front and the handbrake cable changed got a few other wee jobs to do over winter. Nearly failed MOT on handbrake I’ve heard that these can be trouble for a tag on an alko base. Never mind the jack for sale the whole thing needs a new owner.

Full set pads all round and disks on front and the handbrake cable changed got a few other wee jobs to do over winter. Nearly failed MOT on handbrake I’ve heard that these can be trouble for a tag on an alko base. Never mind the jack for sale the whole thing needs a new owner.
I’ll take it off your hands for you Wully, no need to thank me. Just deliver it here to the Algarve and the deal is done!
Let us know when you’re nearly here, and we’ll put the kettle on, before we take you to the bar!!!

60B6C9CF-855A-4AB8-87A9-F574AE8C461E.jpeg

Back