What did you do to your van today?

Washed my Roof this morning :)

1602423030845.png
(cleaning the roof is not just cleaning it but an opportunity to check the roof and its 'furniture')

Not quite worked out how to clean the dome safely though? (don't like heights! :D )

Put a sticker of our Geeky Leader on the back of the tin tent

Well, after following the thread on batteries , I decided to top up our low tech Leisure Bulls and they took a litre apiece.

Cheers

H
that sounds like a lot of water!

Refitted the shower door that fell off because I didn't secure it. Repaired a garage door lock that got snapped when our scooter tried to escape again. Fixed a light where a wire had worked loose.

Oops! I meant a litre between them. Probably not too bad given they’re on solar permanently. Last topped them up before last Christmas.

Cheers

H
Either way it makes the point that Leisure Bulls are far from maintenance free and should be checked frequently particularly if attached to solar panels.

So after doing the above around 10 days ago, today finally actually tried it out! Drove out to my nearest LPG seller (45 minute drive!) and used an LPG filler for the first time ever!

View attachment 57032
(Very bright day today, so trying to see the display rather than hide my reflection :D )

Think the tank is 11Kg? which makes a capacity of 22L (well 21.56L but lets round up for simplicity). But can only fill to 80% capacity, so actually can have 17.5L of Propane in there when full, so 9.3L is a very useful top up (y)

Gauge shows just about half-way through the Green 'Gas' area after the fill (so presumably 17.5L)
View attachment 57033

When I fitted the Kit and the Gauge, the reading was this (with around 8.5L of gas in the tank I am estimating)
View attachment 57034
Be interesting to see what kind of refill I will get after the needle is in the Yellow or Red. Think I will not refill until that happens so I will know beforehand what to expect.

A longish way to go for half a tank 😀 - but you now know you're full.
The gasit gauges aren't the most accurate - I generally reckon to fill up whenever I'm getting diesel and gas is available. Even if it's only a few litres - it reduces any worry.
Of course as someone who likes technology and remote sensing you might like to get a Mopeka ultrasonic sensor to stick on the bottom of the bottle (magnetic actually) and it will tell an app on your phone exactly how much you have - and you'll never have to open the locker ever again!

Back