What did you do to your van today?

I’ll take it off your hands for you Wully, no need to thank me. Just deliver it here to the Algarve and the deal is done!
Let us know when you’re nearly here, and we’ll put the kettle on, before we take you to the bar!!!
Be careful he might just take you up on the deal.
Bye the way he tends to like the odd bottle pf whisky of a night.
😀😄😀

I’ll take it off your hands for you Wully, no need to thank me. Just deliver it here to the Algarve and the deal is done!
Let us know when you’re nearly here, and we’ll put the kettle on, before we take you to the bar!!!
Roger are you naked 😱😱

Rodger might take you up honestly if it wasn’t for the wee one at school I’d be there with you two in a heart beat as for the van dainty the Dethleffs she’s yours I’ll send you the bill. Looks like you’re enjoying yourselves well done.👍

Installed the Gaslow Filler kit this morning between watching the F2 Sprint Race and the F1 Grand Prix 🏎 🏎

Before:

Before
by David, on Flickr

After:

After
by David, on Flickr

More Info and Pictures here if interested :)
So after doing the above around 10 days ago, today finally actually tried it out! Drove out to my nearest LPG seller (45 minute drive!) and used an LPG filler for the first time ever!

1602086151000.png
(Very bright day today, so trying to see the display rather than hide my reflection :D )

Think the tank is 11Kg? which makes a capacity of 22L (well 21.56L but lets round up for simplicity). But can only fill to 80% capacity, so actually can have 17.5L of Propane in there when full, so 9.3L is a very useful top up (y)

Gauge shows just about half-way through the Green 'Gas' area after the fill (so presumably 17.5L)
1602086728875.png

When I fitted the Kit and the Gauge, the reading was this (with around 8.5L of gas in the tank I am estimating)
1602086884311.png
Be interesting to see what kind of refill I will get after the needle is in the Yellow or Red. Think I will not refill until that happens so I will know beforehand what to expect.

So after doing the above around 10 days ago, today finally actually tried it out! Drove out to my nearest LPG seller (45 minute drive!) and used an LPG filler for the first time ever!

View attachment 57032
(Very bright day today, so trying to see the display rather than hide my reflection :D )

Think the tank is 11Kg? which makes a capacity of 22L (well 21.56L but lets round up for simplicity). But can only fill to 80% capacity, so actually can have 17.5L of Propane in there when full, so 9.3L is a very useful top up (y)

Gauge shows just about half-way through the Green 'Gas' area after the fill (so presumably 17.5L)
View attachment 57033

When I fitted the Kit and the Gauge, the reading was this (with around 8.5L of gas in the tank I am estimating)
View attachment 57034
Be interesting to see what kind of refill I will get after the needle is in the Yellow or Red. Think I will not refill until that happens so I will know beforehand what to expect.

We have a Gaslo system, I think it is a float type level indicator, anyway, after filling it shows about 3/4 full, drive down the road and it shows full! Stiction I guess.

This morning I looked out and thought that the van could do with a wash, stupid thought, I washed it last year I think, or maybe the year before, ah well whatever, at least what's left of the paint is being protected thought I and closed the curtain

Like yours xsilvergs, ours shows near empty after filling then after a few miles it shows full. It is very consistent as it shows full for ages in use, then suddenly shows empty. Filling is a bit of a lottery with regard to estimating the amount needed to refill, whereas with our diesel gauge I can tell to within a few litres how much is required.
Having two bottles makes the gas gauge fairly unnecessary though.

Davy

It is likely that over the winter, weather and movement restrictions will reduce our use to day trips. Our van is prone to having the rubber seals on roof vents stick to the plastic glazing. Today I put greaseproof baking paper strips between seal and plastic. I did this last year as well. Works well and is a cheap fix. I have in the past used silicon and Teflon to try to solve the problem but usually only successfully for a short time. Added benefit is that the strips of paper can be removed and replaced easily allowing use of vents over the winter when required.

73C59635-CF78-496B-9800-1AC79DDE2D0F.jpeg

It is likely that over the winter, weather and movement restrictions will reduce our use to day trips. Our van is prone to having the rubber seals on roof vents stick to the plastic glazing. Today I put greaseproof baking paper strips between seal and plastic. I did this last year as well. Works well and is a cheap fix. I have in the past used silicon and Teflon to try to solve the problem but usually only successfully for a short time. Added benefit is that the strips of paper can be removed and replaced easily allowing use of vents over the winter when required.
Have you thought about rubbing your seals in with Vaseline to keep them supple, longer lasting and feeling like new seals? This will also work on your locker seals and of course cassette seals.

This morning I looked out and thought that the van could do with a wash, stupid thought, I washed it last year I think, or maybe the year before, ah well whatever, at least what's left of the paint is being protected thought I and closed the curtain
I like your style pedro ,it's only gonna get dirty again anyway
your doing good by saving water etc

When we had a couple of large lithium batteries and an inverter charger installed a few weeks back the only place for all the gubbins was in the wardrobe which was then effectively rendered unsuitable for hanging clothes due to lack of space. So today I shelved what had been the wardrobe taking care to partition off the electrical stuff. I moved stuff out of the van garage into what had been the battery locker and was now empty. I moved stuff out of another tall cupboard in the van into the space I had freed up in the van garage. I then converted that now empty cupboard into a new wardrobe. Job done except for staining/varnishing the new shelving to match the existing colour which my kind wife has volunteered to do.

Not today but tomorrow van is getting a good wash as is the other vehicles ,will hook up and charge up
hoover and clean windows
check levels under bonnet
list all items of food and rotate etc
evening meal then a few gins and then SKYPE 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀🥃

Reactions: 2cv
Not today but tomorrow van is getting a good wash as is the other vehicles ,will hook up and charge up
hoover and clean windows
check levels under bonnet
list all items of food and rotate etc
evening meal then a few gins and then SKYPE 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀🥃

I hope that you mean Zoom.

View attachment 57032

View attachment 57033

View attachment 57034
According to GasIt, ( we have two 11kg bottles, ) an 11kg bottle contains 21.5 L of propane when 80% full. I assume Gaslow will be the same.

170591ED-0CE0-49FB-88E5-E80D720FD062.jpeg

ah, so that quoted capacity is the REAL maximum. That is very useful to know :)

Back