What did you do to your van today?

A longish way to go for half a tank 😀 - but you now know you're full.
The gasit gauges aren't the most accurate - I generally reckon to fill up whenever I'm getting diesel and gas is available. Even if it's only a few litres - it reduces any worry.
Of course as someone who likes technology and remote sensing you might like to get a Mopeka ultrasonic sensor to stick on the bottom of the bottle (magnetic actually) and it will tell an app on your phone exactly how much you have - and you'll never have to open the locker ever again!
Well I was. Had the fridge on since lunchtime that day so will see tomorrow what the score is after a full week of fridge use.

not heard of those sensors. I will have a "duckduck" for them (y) (don't do the "G" word. don't trust them ;) ).
Be even better if there is a way I can feed the Victron Cerbo tank input :D

Not regarding my camper, but today I received a letter from the DVLA, telling me that the KitCar I built many years ago now qualifies for the Historic Register, that they were going to send me a new V5 reflecting it's revised status, and refund any overpaid tax.

Happy Days ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gasit clip on gauges are only a measure of the possibility of there being gas ( or not) in the tanks. They read full till they are almost empty.
I use Mopeka gauges, they are pretty accurate.

Turned the gas off today and checked the gauge after the fridge has been running for 7 days. Seems to be back to the position before I filled up, so maybe £1 a day cost on gas? does that sound about right? Will have to fill up to be sure just how much it really used though (which is the reason I left it on ;) )

Installed the new security camera this afternoon 👮‍♂️
Got on Amazon on a Prime Day Deal and seems pretty good. Motion detection and saves video to the cloud so will have a good capture of anyone coming in the door ;)

You can also hear sound and talk to the camera, so say nice greetings such as "Get out my motorhome, you *&$%£^$^** **%&$&" :D
1602686300480.png

Turned the gas off today and checked the gauge after the fridge has been running for 7 days. Seems to be back to the position before I filled up, so maybe £1 a day cost on gas? does that sound about right? Will have to fill up to be sure just how much it really used though (which is the reason I left it on ;) )
I'd say that's probably a bit pessimistic - you seem to be thinking 1.5L or 750g per day.
I have a biggish fridge freezer that has a nominal consumption of 300g per day @ 25⁰ ambient.
If you look up your fridge manual it should give you nominal daily consumption.

Started sorting things out for trip away next week. EHU on, bedding back in just a few food items to buy then ready for the off. Daughter, partner and their 4 kids moving in next week and I thought it best if me and the dog were out the way.
Son moved out last week into his new house so in theory that was the last one to fly the nest until youngest daughter decided it was a good idea for them to stop renting and move in with me to enable them to save up for a house deposit.
Im dreading it, house more than large enough but I’m sure the novelty of having the grand kids living with me will soon wear off.
So now have to decide is it the lakes or up the west coast of Scotland. Still concerned about the volumn of motorhomes that people are reporting in Scotland. I’m one for peace and quiet, don’t fancy finding all my favourite stopovers over ran with motorhomes.
Anyone up there at present ? What’s the situation like ? Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Started sorting things out for trip away next week. EHU on, bedding back in just a few food items to buy then ready for the off. Daughter, partner and their 4 kids moving in next week and I thought it best if me and the dog were out the way.
Son moved out last week into his new house so in theory that was the last one to fly the nest until youngest daughter decided it was a good idea for them to stop renting and move in with me to enable them to save up for a house deposit.
Im dreading it, house more than large enough but I’m sure the novelty of having the grand kids living with me will soon wear off.
So now have to decide is it the lakes or up the west coast of Scotland. Still concerned about the volumn of motorhomes that people are reporting in Scotland. I’m one for peace and quiet, don’t fancy finding all my favourite stopovers over ran with motorhomes.
Anyone up there at present ? What’s the situation like ? Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Just back from the West coast. Plenty of vans about but we averaged 3 per night in the places we stayed. Easily possible to get a spot to yourself and it will be quieter by next week especially as the weather is set for a downturn. Travel restrictions from England look likely soon however.

We were getting 7 weeks out of 2 11kg cylinders (42 litres) purely on our old 3-way fridge 24/7, about 50p/day so not complaining!

Still concerned about the volumn of motorhomes that people are reporting in Scotland. I’m one for peace and quiet, don’t fancy finding all my favourite stopovers over ran with motorhomes.
We were up as far as Fort William a few weeks ago, not too busy but think it was much much worse further north?

Booked in to have new aux belts fitted..
£75 fitted inc vat and parts .
2.3 Peugeot boxer 2015 '
Not sure if they need doing but while its standing ..they are 5years old.no record of being changed

Dunster yday, fab spot far superior to Minehead!!!
Great lunch courtyard.

Attachments

• 2CD5C7DC-DBB7-4AA7-BACB-773A8BA0CC50.jpeg
    2CD5C7DC-DBB7-4AA7-BACB-773A8BA0CC50.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 9
  • D9AD4FE9-CCF5-480F-B1F0-58C4F48E0E2F.jpeg
    D9AD4FE9-CCF5-480F-B1F0-58C4F48E0E2F.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 67AF24C6-8512-4BB3-9E7C-E829F790CF13.jpeg
    67AF24C6-8512-4BB3-9E7C-E829F790CF13.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 11
Back